Thursday, July 4, 2013

14- In Which Physics Happens

Dane: [GM] Can I assume you all just go to the inn? The plot needs to get moving. 
Ian: [OOC] I think it'd be best if we stopped standing near that guard anyhow. At least I wouldn't enjoy it in-character
Soo: [OOC] I'm fine.
Kyle: [OOC] I'm cool with that.
Joe: [OOC] Would it really be called an 'inn'? I mean, this is a steam-punk level campaign setting. Wouldn't it be more appropriate to go to bar? Or a pub?
Dane: [GM] Following the directions the guard gave you, you start to walk along the streets of Colton in search of the INN. The roads are narrow and winding aside from the main slope that follows the contour of the mountain. The cobblestones are uneven, but slightly flattened from constant use. A layer of dirty snow grouts the cobbles and cleaner snow rests in virtually ever corner that it can find. The overcast sky is grey and low and you can tell that even more wintery precipitation is on it's way.
Joe: [GR-210] The glistening metal adonis worries not about the weather that the Gods seem fit to wank incessantly over like a failed English major. Instead he beckons the skies to unleash their fury so that he might prove his superiority over his fleshy companions.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali walks purposefully at the front of the group, trying to maintain the idea that the others are her entourage. "If you guys keep looking like my lackeys, it'll keep people less suspicious about you."
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] "Miss, I don't think we're gonna NOT draw some attention, one way 'er the other." He points to his weapons, to Mari wearing socks and sandals in freezing weather and to GR-210 doing...
Kyle: [OOC] I'm not entirely sure what Joe is doing. Screaming at the sky to hit him with something?
Joe: [OOC] Remember that time I got really drunk and started yelling at God to 'make me his bitch or shut up'? It's like that.
Kyle: [OOC] Well at least the robot can't be naked like you were.
Joe: [OOC] Challenge accepted. Hold my beer. 
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari, having suddenly noticed some sort of cosmic need to do something, pulls out an umbrella and holds it over Kali's head like a dutiful attendant.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "Thank you dear." She stifles a giggle, having never really had servants wait on her too much, even as a child. 
Dane: [GM] As you get closer to the inn, you can't help but notice that people are staring at you, and not just in the usual 'new face in town' way. Specifically, they seem to be glaring at Kali.
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] Bailey tips his hat down low over his eyes and sweeps the staring faces. "Miss, think us simple folks ain't the ones who are goin' to be drawin' eyes."
Joe: [OOC] Okay, someone has to say it: Kyle what the fuck is up with your character's accent? It just started existing.
Kyle: [OOC] We all kind of sound the same, so I figured a little accent appropriate to his backstory would be helpful.
Soo: [OOC] I like it.
Joe: [OOC] Where his is backstory set? Deliverance?
Ian: [OOC] We can't stop here, this is bat country.
Soo: [OOC] Wrong movie honey.
Ian: [OOC] I hear banjos.
Soo: [OOC] Good job! *smooch*
Dane: [GM] Suddenly a voice calls out from behind you, just as you notice the street is getting narrow.
Dane: [Stranger] 'EY YOU!. 
Joe: [GR-210] leaps backwards towards the voice using his mighty robotic legs, hoping to land on the voice without having to even look at it.
Joe: [OOC] Do I need to roll of initiative, or does my genius allow this to just be an attack roll?
Dane: [GM] How about an athletics roll for trying to jump nearly 50 feet backwards without any sort of ramp up?
[Joe] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS. 
Dane: [GM] I would like to announce that I'm going to enjoy this.
Dane: [GM] GR-210 jumps backwards through the air, soaring like a graceful eagle. Then physics remembers that it exists and exerts it's influence, causing GR-210 to slam backwards onto the ground with a colossal bang.
[Joe] takes 23 damage from [Stupid Idiotic Behavior]
Dane: [GM] You're also knocked prone. Enjoy that.
Joe: [OOC] Flat on my back and surrounded by men. Yep, it's like when I had to pay for college all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment