Saturday, August 2, 2014

136- I'm Sciencing!

Dane: [GM] I'm not an expert on say, architecture, but you're now in a narrow tunnel with lava rising at one end and the roof caving in. I think you know what you need to do. Unfortunately the stones up at the exit are collapsing!
Kyle: [OOC] Leave Joe's character face-down so he get's Anakin Skywalker'd?
Dane: [GM] I said 'need', not 'want'.
Joe: [OOC] If you strike me down and I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
Ian: [OOC] That quote isn't even vaguely in context.
Joe: [OOC] A reference is a reference. And we both know I would find some way of bringing Beefstorm back as a giant black plastic James Earl Jones.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali grabs one of Beefstorm's arms and starts to drag him up the tunnel.
Dane: [GM] As the smaller woman drags Lord Beefstorm's hulking frame along the stone floor, it seems like every single rock in the tunnel finds his face.
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] Bailey takes the crystal and starts to hoof it as well. "Le's leg it yall."
Joe: [OOC] Hey! Carry my character with some dignity. Dane is enjoying this too much.
Dane: [Techie] Techie helps Soo by grabbing the second arm and hauling twice as fast!
Joe: [OOC] You're all dead.
Dane: [GM] You can't do jack, you're unconscious.
Soo: [OOC] And I suppose you can't really lash out at Dane even when Beefstorm is back up because Techie is YOUR follower.
Dane: [GM] This must be how Mario feels when he's got a Starman: temporary, euphoric invincibility. We should knock Joe unconscious more often.
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari stops and looks back. "I got an idea!" She begins to cast Firey Translocation on the lava!
Dane: [GM] Um... why?
Soo: [OOC] What's that one do?
Ian: [OOC] Low-level pyromancy. See before Mari learned to throw fireballs, lowbie pyros have to pull fire from the environment. One of the most basic spells is pulling the fire out of one place and putting it somewhere else. Lava is hot rock, right?
Dane: [GM] Yep.
Soo: [OOC] I thought pyromancy was the manipulation of fire. That would just be pulling the heat produced by a fire away from its source.
Ian: [OOC] Heat is like lil' baby fire.
Kyle: [OOC] Soo, the GM just accepted 'lava is hot rock' as a line of thinking. If the word 'exothermic' comes into this, it'll just give people headaches.
Ian: [OOC] Anyhow, what I'll do is pull the heat out of the lava behind us and toss it back into the room. The rock will solidify without the heat to make it squishy and we'll be fine.
Joe: [OOC] Is lava considered 'squishy'?
Ian: [OOC] Shut up! I'm sciencing! Get me my labcoat and get Bill Nye on the line.
Kyle: [OOC] This strikes me as a bad idea, but I'm fairly sure in-character Bailey thinks 'physics' is something you can eat so I can't say anything. Isn't Techie a scientist? Can she vet this plan?
Dane: [GM] I'm rollin, I'm rollin.

No comments:

Post a Comment