Friday, October 18, 2013

22- Don't Split the Party?

Dane: [Detective Bron] Officer Bron says a bunch of good-byes lets you go about your business with the company blessing.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "Well ladies and gentlemen, I'd say we have our work cut our for us."
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] "Ya mean WE have our work cut out fer us."
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali tilts her head. "I don't quite follow what you mean Hunt."
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari winces and cracks her back a little. "Miss, we know you're thinking of going and mixing it up with those unionizers. Hell it seems like a rational lead to me. But if they're really up for fighting the powers that be, you'll be in a lot of danger."
Joe: [GR-210] "While the resplendent GR-210 normally loves foolish decisions that lead to situations that only violence can solve, I would have to object to this as well."
Joe: [OOC] At least until I have a body to participate in that violence.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali looks a little flustered at all this. "I... I have my own reasons for seeing this through. I appreciate your concern but I don't think I can just let you all go risk your safety while I sit around enjoying a coffee. There has to be something I can do to help."
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] "We're currently out a body for GR-210. I doubt this'ere town has a steam-mech shop but mebbe ye can find somethin' for him so he ain't so useless."
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari nods with a smile. "Good ideas Bailey. Hunt and I will go investigate the unionizers, you can get GR back on his feet and we'll regroup back at full strength when we find something."
Joe: [OOC] Veto. Fucking Veto. We are NOT splitting the party.
Soo: [OOC] Splitting the party is bad?
Kyle: [OOC] Normally, yes. It's a bad idea to split the party. Most GMs design the game with the idea that challenges will be met by the whole team.
Ian: [OOC] But in this case Kyle, I feel like having Kali and 10% of GR-210 would be more of a liability than anything. These union guys won't talk to use with a nob tailing behind us.
Soo: [OOC] Talk is one thing. I'm more worried about a fight. People already ambushed us once. 
Joe: [OOC] Idea!
Joe: [OOC] Let's split up entirely. Mari will do something, Bailey will do another, and Kali will get me a body.
Ian: [OOC] I thought you just vetoed splitting the party.
Joe: [OOC] In two. If we divide further into individuals, the GM will feel obligated to not put anyone in a particular amount of danger to avoid seeming unfair. He'll modify the encounters to be suitable to a single character.
Dane: [GM] Just because I'm not talking doesn't mean I stopped existing.
Joe: [OOC] No it doesn't, but it you ARE a fair GM who's more concerned with keeping the experience fun than curbstomping us.
Kyle: [OOC] This sounds like tempting fate.
Dane: [GM] He's not tempting fate, he's bought fate a private dance in the champagne room. We're far past coy temptation.
Soo: [OOC] The champagne room?
Joe: [OOC] Soo the fact you don't get that sentence at 25 makes you utterly adorable.
Ian: [OOC] Or not a pervert like Joe. Take your pick.
Kyle: [OOC] But Joe's idea does give me an idea...
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] "Wait yall. Idea commin'" Bailey says. "Folks know we're in town. Think me an' Mari are Kali's lackies right?"
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "I think the correct term in entourage, Bailey."
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] "Gotcha, so what about this: we send Mari, Kali's 'servant' to whatever bar the union folks like to crash at. She sits down, gets identified and bitches and hollars bout how much she hates her boss. Probably git em right on her good side. They think I'm some kinda bodyguard. Probably won't trust me too much since they think I'm a hired gun."
Joe: [OOC] Meanwhile, Bailey goes and gives someone a private dance in the champagne room, making us enough money in odd-smelling singles to go buy me a cool hat to wear until I get my body back. Brilliant Kyle
Kyle: [OOC] Ugg, I pictured it, I can't unpicture it.
Joe: [OOC] I'm sorry, I thought we were on the same page here...
Dane: [GM] RP OR I'M GOING TO EAT YOUR SPINES.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali tilts her head. "It's a fairly brilliant plan. But isn't Mari a bit weak still? I'm just worried in case something gets dangerous."
Joe: [GR-210] "I detect that splitting up the group will decrease risks. PROCEED. PROCEED"
Ian: [OOC] It's not tempting fate if HE does it for me right?
Dane: [GM] Fate has a liability clause explicit to Joe. You're fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment