Wednesday, October 23, 2013

24- RP-ducklings

Dane: [GM] Now that Mari has a plot hook let's go check in on someone else eh? Volunteers?
Joe: [OOC] Not the only one with a plot hook around here. Seriously Soo. IAN?
Soo: [OOC] It wasn't a damn date.
Ian: [OOC] Soo was barely into the game when the last edition ended so she needed some extra help figuring out what's different in 12th edition. She just asked for some help.
Joe: [OOC] Okay then, who suggested going to a coffeeshop?
Soo: [OOC] Ian.
Joe: [OOC] I've never known Ian to get coffee at a coffeeshop. Therefore this was clearly a date. If he has purely honest intentions, he'd have invited you to a library or a convent or something.
Kyle: [OOC] Joe I think you're reading a bit too much into this. People meet at such places, it's not exactly like every time a man and a woman do something together, it's with romance in mind.
Joe: [OOC] Not romance every time, perhaps, but other... things. ALWAYS.
Dane: [GM] Gee, remember when we used to play an RPG here? Good times. Good times.
Soo: [OOC] I volunteer to start  my story bit so we can get off this topic.
Dane: [GM] Soo you are a beautiful angel coming down from heaven itself to save me from this idiot conversation.
Joe: [OOC] Ian did you ask her if she'd like to "do this again sometime". I brought Soo into this group and I will personally kill you if you have any untoward thoughts towards  my little RPG-duckling.
Kyle: [OOC] RPG-duckling is an expression so horrifically creepy that I think Ian could suddenly declare himself a furry who can only be aroused by fire and I'd still consider it normal.
Ian: [OOC] Am I getting picked on even when OTHER people talk now?
Soo: [OOC] I VOLUNTEER TO START MY STORY BIT SO WE CAN GET OFF THIS TOPIC.
Dane: [GM] The detective left you recently and you now have time to go do whatever it is you were doing.
Dane: [GM] Damn it I think I lost my flow with all that nonsense. RP Dammit.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali sits up and put's GR-210's head back in her bag. "Mr. Hunt I think I'll go see if I can find a body for GR-210." She pulls on a wool shawl and heads to the door. "I'm sure there's something of use in town, even if it's not a proper steam-mech body shop." She walks out the door onto the street.
Dane: [GM] The street bustles with activity, unlike the night before. Kali still stands out among the working stiffs but at least you're not likely to be alone in a dark side-road again.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "I suppose I should ask around a bit. Maybe a Macgruder Company security officer. They seem rather keen on being nice to me and my money." Kali giggles to herself a bit.
Dane: [GM] Good point. I'll give you a little bonus to your information gathering roll since they're trying to be nice to you around here.
[Soo] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
Dane: [GM] Your investigation confirms your belief from earlier that you're not going to find a real steam-mech body for sale around here. That kind of heavy industry is company property. There is a shop that sells consumer steam-mechs of various sizes in town though.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali heads there, hoping it's open.
Dane: [GM] "Firth and Son Fine Automata" is the only shop in town for their limited-demand stock of steam-mechs. The shop is fairly nice even if the layout suggests that the small business doesn't get much traffic.
Dane: [Ambrose Firth] "Hello ma'am" a man says as he walks over to you. He is thin and probably in his late 60s but he is spry and smiling beneath his large mustache. "What can I do for you today, most beautiful young lady?"
Kyle: [OOC] I know this sounds more like Joe's line but "I think he's evil."
Joe: [OOC] As soon as Soo get's my some limbs, I can test his moral fiber. Every one of them. Surgically removed.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "My steam-mech took some rather severe damage. The only functional part is his head. Can I perhaps have it attached to some manner of new body for the time until I can have it properly serviced?" She takes out GR-210's head.
Joe: [GR-210] "Long have I languished in this satchel of a prison. Many a cough drop have I consumed in boredom!"
Dane: [Ambrose Firth] Ambrose leans in, his keen eyes appraising the head. "Oh my, this is a war mech head. I'm afraid I have nothing quite similar to it." He looks around a bit. "However, war mechs have very simple internal design to make battlefield repairs. I can easily attach it to some other type of mech frame. I'm just afraid I only have civilian types."
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "What sorts do you have?"
Dane: [Ambrose Firth] Ambrose looks around some more. "That would attach to this model? I have an automated toolbox frame. Would basically just put six little spider legs on the head to get it back to moving around. I also have one designed for cutting lawns I got in a pawn trade. No lawns to cut up here you see."
Joe: [OOC] LAWNMOWER. Think about it. I'm already seeing the chances for horrific harm.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "I'll take the toolbox legs. It should let him scamper about nicely."
Joe: [GR-210] "I will devote all of my processing power to figuring out ways to kill with my spindly little robot legs. All will fear the wrath of my tiny puncture wounds."
Ian: [OOC] I'm really having a hard time not picturing the skull-walkers from RIFTS but small dog sized.
Kyle: [OOC] You have problems being the butt of jokes, then you voluntarily bring up RIFTS?
Joe: [OOC] I won't even touch it. It's like shooting a wounded animal: no honor without effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment