Monday, October 28, 2013

26- NPC: New Points Coming

Dane: [GM] I think at this point we can regroup the party. Any objections to some convenient show-up-ness?
Soo: [OOC] Nope!
Kyle: [OOC] I'm good with that. Am I on fire?
Ian: [OOC] I'm fine with that.
Dane: [GM] Kali sees the explosion from down the street. Shit looks like it's gotten quite real over there.
Joe: [GR-210] GR-210, lethal yet compact spider android death machine jumps into action, skittering down the street towards the battle!
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali bolts off after GR-210 "Come back here GR! It might be dangerous!"
Joe: [GR-210] "I shall save you some half-alive corpses to kick my lady! To blood and glory!"
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari staggers to her feet, checking on Bailey. "You okay Hunt?"
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] "I'm okay I guess. Can we consult before the next thing you explode eh?" He gets up and dusts off his jacket.
Joe: [OOC] Who is available besides the lovebirds over there?
Kyle: [OOC] Just once, could you think in story terms rather than experience points?
Dane: [GM] You mean like, other victims of the firey explosion? Rolling around and burning to death? There's several.
Joe: [GR-210] The lethal mech launches itself into the air, using it's head as a projectile to land on the nearest target!
Soo: [OOC] For the love of various gods...
Dane: [GM] Sigh, I guess you land on a burning miner, crawling away from the scene.
Joe: [GR-210] "I still get experience if I land the deathblow!" GR-210 begins to stab the man to death with his robo-spider legs.
Ian: [OOC] I think you meant that first part to be OOC.
Joe: [OOC] Maybe my mech's programing just-so-happens to be using the same sort of terminology as a roleplaying game? Seriously, stop nitpicking my roleplay you elitist!
Dane: [GM] Since the man is dying already and I'm desperate to get past this event, I'm not going to involve rolls and just say he dies.
Joe: [OOC] I hardly find that a satisfying resolution.
Dane: [GM] Screaming horribly. And you get experience points.
Joe: [OOC] Consider me resolved.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "Bailey! Mari! Are you okay? What happened?!" She pulls out her handgun, ready for conflict.
Ian: [Mari Shasho] "There was a complication at the bar, then there was an explosion that happened for no clear reason." She phrases the last part as pointedly as she can.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "I... see... Please tell me, did you find any hints about Dillon Johnson?"
Dane: [GM] I'll interject here and tell Ian what Mari learned while off-camera. A man matching Dillon Johnson's description arrived in town last week, spent quite a lot of money at a supply shop in town and then disappeared. People thought maybe he was a surveyor for the mining company but he bought his equipment with Imperial marques, so he's probably from the city like you all.
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari says all the stuff that the magical voice inside our heads just said.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "That's a pretty damn solid lead. We should be able to work with that."
Ian: [Mari Shasho] "I could have gotten more but things got... complicated" she says, looking to Hunt.
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] Bailey picks up his hat and puts it back on. "I'd like ta think it was just some very hostile negotiatin'."
Kyle: [OOC] I'd like to think Bailey is fairly competent even if his rolls don't show that.
Joe: [OOC] Going by actual contributions to the party, he's a bigger load than me and I was, until very recently, a head in a knapsack.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "I think we ought to leave now, before the police show up."
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari nods. "We should get moving."
Joe: [OOC] For reals? We're just leaving all these enemies half finished-off enemies to die of their wounds? We're really passing up all this experience? Think about it Ian, but common sense, you've got a half-stake in all these kills. We're talking serious Build Points.
Kyle: [OOC] They aren't enemies Joe. It was a bad situation and we're leaving now!
Soo: [OOC] Joe uses the terms 'enemies' and 'victims' rather interchangeably.
Joe: [OOC] I used to call them all NPCs: New Points Coming, but Dane felt it was undermining his storytelling. 
Dane: [GM] Not my storytelling, my faith in humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment