Monday, October 21, 2013

23- RPing on the Toilet

Dane: [GM] So here's how we'll handle this little split-up. One story will go at a time until I feel it's hit a sort of cinematic 'stop point' then the next story will go. I'd rather not juggle a ton of different plot threads at once in a chat log. Ian, you up first?
Ian: [OOC] Do we even know where the unionizer's hang out?
Dane: [GM] The err, clerk at the hotel told you. Consider it a note tied to a rock and chucked over the fourth wall, now scoot. I've got things to do later.
Joe: [OOC] Translation: everyone except Ian can go take a nice long bathroom break.
Soo: [OOC] And the sky did parteth and unto man was said: "I'ma get a sandwich brb".
Kyle: [OOC] Ooh, sandwich sounds good. Brb too.
Ian: [OOC] Well okay Dane, I think I'm the last human being left in the channel so let's go.
Dane: [GM] There's a small, unnamed bar on the other side of the main road through town and just down the street a bit from where you are. The street is pretty obviously on the side of the proverbial tracks that management doesn't like visitors on. The door is pretty much constantly moving as people file in and out. Even in the morning like this the place is hopping with business, probably because there are mine shifts working all hours so there isn't exactly a specific happy hour (for lack of a better word).
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari rolls her shoulders, still reeling from her prior wounds and pushes her way inside.
Dane: [GM] The inside is wooden and roughly constructed. There is sawdust on the floor and the walls are covered in woolen jackets and hats in various stages of defrosting. There's an open stool at the bar.
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari walks over to the bar and sits down on it, paying little mind to the other patrons. She pulls some of Kali's money out of her pockets and puts it on the counter. "Hello um, whatever's cheap if you don't mind" she says to whoever is tending the bar.
Dane: [Jimbob the Bartender] The bartender is a short man with a large nose. He regards you questioningly but seems to have no issue with your money. "I'd take your order as you have it but I think what's cheapest'd kill a little thing like you missy. I'll get ya the cheapest thing a human can digest."
Dane: [Rufus the Miner] "Hey now Jim" another patron says, walking over to Mari "I think this is the servant girl of that rich, respectable lady who came into town the other days. The one them guttersnipes attacked, you know?" He laughs heartily and smacks Mari on the back. "I think if she licks a nob's boots for a living, she's just as inhuman as the rest of us."
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari winces in pain at the smack on her back.
Dane: [Rufus the Miner] "Oh hey, sorry bout that. You okay?"
Ian: [OOC] Ooh I smell an opportunity to ingratiate myself.
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari nods. "Sorry. I got hurt in that fight yesterday. Milady wouldn't let me rest it. Needed her clothes unpacked and whatnot. Still a tad sore, you see." Her tone is clearly aimed at griping about Kali.
Dane: [Rufus the Miner] Rufus nods knowingly. "Came to the right place to let off some steam. I think the folks 'round here understand being put-upon.  Got a name kid? Name's Rufus. Bartender over there is Jimbob."
Joe: [OOC] Way to be passive-aggressive. Should have just walked in and called Kali a bitch.
Soo: [OOC] I thought you were using the bathroom.
Joe: [OOC] I own a laptop. As far as you know, I am.
Ian: [OOC] It seemed more in-character for Mari, besides, even RPing as characters, I have a hard time being mean to people I happen to know are nice IRL.
Joe: [OOC] You've met Soo IRL? I thought she only knew me.
Soo: [OOC] Me and Ian had coffee this week while we figured out the new edition rulebooks.
Ian: [Mari Shasho] "Mari Shasho, professional attendant" she replies. "At least that's the name my parents gave me. Milady seems to think my name is 'you there' or 'girl'." She laughs in a sort of casual way.
Dane: [Rufus the Miner] "Yeah, know the feeling. I think if I die down in the mines, I'll be buried by my pay number. What brings your er, lady, to town anyhow?"
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari shrugs a little. "Looking for some kind of kidnapping victim or something. She fancies herself a detective. She gave me the day off since she's got some company folks kissing her ass all day. Doesn't need me to I guess."
Dane: [Jimbob the Bartender] Jim sets down a mug of beer so cheap even the head looks pathetic. "Last guy who came to town ended up disappearing. Just keep your eyes out for trouble."
Dane: [Rufus the Miner] Rufus laughs "Especially those damn unionizers. Every one of them is scum." He laughs and a fair amount of the room laughs with him.
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari makes an attempted laugh herself, quietly noting the detail about the last visitor to town disappearing.
Kyle: [OOC] Back. Did I miss anything?
Ian: [OOC] The last person to visit town disappeared. Since absolutely nothing ever happens that isn't related, I can assume that means something related to our case.
Dane: [GM] Aww come on, give me some credit guys. Remember that big sweeping sci-fi campaign? There was like 20 plot threads going.
Joe: [OOC] And every single one of them went back to the exact same villain. Not helping your case. Oh and Kyle, get this: Emo and Foodstamps went on a date this week. Right behind all our backs.
Ian: [OOC] Did not!
Soo: [OOC] Did not!
Joe: [OOC] Oooh already sharing thoughts. That's how you know it's true love. How do we even know they're in two separate places? Huh? HUH? I'm on to you Ian. Put your pants back on and start running home

No comments:

Post a Comment