Wednesday, May 21, 2014

110- Beefstorm

Dane: [GM] Feeling better Soo?
Soo: [OOC] Yeah, sorry I got a bit too invested there.
Kyle: [OOC] To be fair, it was a perfectly rational reaction in-character.
Soo: [OOC] Still, it's rude of me to kill Joe's character. 
Ian: [OOC] Joe left for a moment to go work on a new one. Something about swearing eternal vengeance. 
Soo: [OOC] I should probably tell him I'm sorry too.
Ian: [OOC] I wouldn't bother. Joe never gets actually mad. If anything this has given him a new thing to fixate on. Incidentally, I'm going to ask you to not leave your home unless accompanied by someone armed.
Soo: [OOC] I thought you said he never got mad.
Kyle: [OOC] Nope, never mad. He's completely in control of his emotions while he scratches your name onto a chainsaw.
Joe: [OOC] Oh hello special friends.
Soo: [OOC] Hey Joe. I'm sorry for getting so worked up.
Joe: [OOC] Not at all my dear! It was a perfectly rational in-character reaction. I could never be mad at you. Why, this whole incident has inspired a grand new character that you're just going to love.
Soo: [OOC] ...
Soo: [OOC] Okay now I am legitimately scared.
Dane: [GM] Let's just say you head back to camp. Part of the way there an Order member gives you a ride in his truck.
Kyle: [OOC] In the interests of appearing competent, let's just say the explosion thing killed GR-210.
Ian: [OOC] Sure. I was wondering how we were going to explain that the only casualty of the mission was self-inflicted.
Dane: [GM] You arrive back at camp. Many of the cultists are cheering for you as the truck pulls in. The driver must have recounted the story on the radio and the word spread around fast. The cult members are impressed by your vicious handling of the infidels.
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] Bailey looks around. "Well, guessin' even if I didn't like the means, at least we got on er'ryone's good graces."
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali hops out of the truck and dusts herself off. "Either way, let us never speak of this again."
Joe: [OOC] I think now is good.
Joe: [Mysterious Man] Suddenly, a man walks over to the group. He is of average height and a muscular build. His attire is utterly impeccable and he's got a bitchin' top hat. "You seem to be making a name for yourself here" he says, mostly addressing Kali.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali tilts her head. "Are we familiar?"
Joe: [Mysterious Man] "You hurt me. You don't remember my face? My voice? I'm truly wounded my dear sister."
Ian: [OOC] Dun dun DUUUUN.
Kyle: [OOC] Uguh.
Ian: [OOC] I wanted to be part of the moment.
Soo: [OOC] Um WHAT?
Joe: [OOC] Well, you did go through all the trouble of writing up a full biography of your character and, like a good member of the group, I read it all. You said in it that Kali had siblings. My character is the youngest one, Willy, her little brother by three years.
Soo: [OOC] My head hurts.
Joe: [OOC] And, when this game started, Dane agreed to not rule out any of my characters in exchange for bringing in a fourth player character (you).
Dane: [GM] Yep, unfortunately.
Soo: [OOC] Okay, okay. I can roll with this.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "Brother? I... I didn't recognize you."
Joe: [Mysterious Stranger] "Oh please. I don't go by Willy anymore! I'm now known by my noble deed-name: Lord Beefstorm."
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "But I didn't call you... nevermind. What are you doing here?"
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari comes over. "Kali! This is your brother?"
Joe: [Lord Beefstorm] "Pleased to meet you too Mari. Yes I know all of you. The Shadow's Watch sent me to back you all up. I work for them you see. While I party around the world as a sexy, classy international playboy, I do espionage work for them."
Kyle: [OOC] So you're James Bond with a stupid name.
Joe: [OOC] I'm James Bond with a horrendously manly name. But that's not even the best part. Watch this.
Joe: [Lord Beefstorm] Lord Beef (to his friends) flexes a bit. "I figured I would help my dear sister out even if you used to beat me horribly when we were younger."
Soo: [OOC] You can't just make up parts of our shared backstory.
Joe: [OOC] I'm not, kitten. I built Beefstorm purely around social skills. I flexed all my knowledge of loopholes, extended rulebooks and game magazines to create a character with a bonus to deception higher than the game is designed to logically accommodate. In short, I don't have to make things up. Anything Beefstorm says will be believed. Go ahead and roll.
[Ian] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
[Kyle] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
Dane: [GM] You both implicitly trust Lord Beefstorm even though you were being told an obvious lie about a close personal friend by someone you just met and... yeah look I looked at the math like five times. You both failed to notice the lie.
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari looks very disappointed at Kali. "You never told me that."
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "But I never..."
Ian: [OOC] Sorry Soo. In-character is in-character.
Joe: [OOC] I know Dane's usually the one to say this but DANCE PUPPETS! DANCE UPON THE TANGLED STRINGS OF LIES I SPIN FOR YOU!
Kyle: [OOC] Is it too late to go back to the child-murdering robot?

2 comments:

  1. Joe is like a trickster god. Is he secretly Loki, and this is how he spends his time between planning Apocali?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interestingly, my gaming group circle has a habit of referring to the player that inspired Joe the most as the 'team Loki'.

      Delete