Friday, May 2, 2014

103- Fist Scouts

Dane: [GM] Several cultists have joined you and you all travel by truck across the rural back roads of the island. You are let out at a small bluff overlooking a town.
Joe: [OOC] You jumped ahead a bit much there, don't you think?
Dane: [GM] Look, I just took a couple of those little caffeine shot things and I'm feeling a bit jumpy. Maybe I'm just not in the mood for more talking-while-going-places bits, okay?
Soo: [OOC] A couple? Aren't those things like, the equivalent of a cup of coffee each?
Kyle: [OOC] More importantly, do you mean a couple as in two, or a couple as in "I ordered a couple of tacos" and you really mean five?
Dane: [GM] No! 
Dane: [GM] I mean, six isn't a lot is it?
Soo: [OOC] Do you define 'a lot' as 'your heart is going to explode'?
Dane: [GM] Shit, just play! The excitement will vent some of the caffeine!
Ian: [OOC] I don't think that's how human bodies work...
Joe: [GR-210] GR-210 buzzes about. "If we were doing these insertions correctly, we would be briefed on the mission in the back of a helicopter that would then crash us into the area."
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari rolls her shoulder. "Why would that be proper? It sounds pointlessly dangerous."
Joe: [GR-210] "It's called drama you twit!"
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali looks around. "Didn't Trant say he was going to have us meet his scout out here?"
Dane: [GM] A voice comes from behind you. "He did." There is suddenly a buff looking man behind you. He has olive drab clothing on and hand a collection of foliage stuck in his hair. "Fist Scout Nate Whelkly, Order Advanced Guard."
Joe: [OOC] Fist Scout? So like, he punches people to learn information? Or does he mostly spy on people boxing?
Dane: [GM] It was a typo. My fingers are jittery. Meant to say 'First'.
Joe: [OOC] Don't care, I like this more.
Ian: [OOC] Nate Whelky isn't a very good name for a professional Fist Scout.
Soo: [OOC] We don't know his middle name. It could be something manly. Like Thor.
Kyle: [OOC] Or Grointhunder.
Soo: [OOC] Um, yes. Or Grointhunder.
Dane: [GM] I can't tell if my heart rate is spiking because of my current chemical imbalance or because of you people.
Joe: [OOC] Maybe the other Fist Scouts have more manly names and he's like the cadet who hasn't earned one yet. Fist Scout Commander Scream Beefstorm is probably already in town.
Dane: [GM] Growing dark... everything...
Soo: [OOC] Okay, let's get back on track.
Kyle: [OOC] Yeah, sorry Dane.
Ian: [OOC] Dane?
Dane: [GM] I'm sorry. I died briefly. I got to see gamer heaven though.
Kyle: [OOC] What was it like.
Dane: [GM] There was a giant temple shaped like a d20. Inside was fountain full of only Mountain Dew Omega, the secret purest strand of Mountain Dew. A celestial choir sung only the finest ambiance music for my games and the rulebooks had all the errata already put in. I'm not sure if I was in heaven, or if my current life is just hell.
Ian: [OOC] To be a GM is to have unlimited power but still have to work with Joe. I think it's one of the lesser known circles in Dante's Inferno.
Soo: [OOC] Well we're happy to have you back. We never leave a man behind.
Kyle: [OOC] Just like the Fist Scouts.
Dane: [GM] ...
Dane: [GM] You think if I drink another one, I'll just die properly?

No comments:

Post a Comment