Friday, May 30, 2014

113- Dancing Around It

Soo: [OOC] I'm just going to put my points towards improving Kali's teleportation magic. With my current math I should be able to move a 100 lbs. object anywhere in line of sight.
Ian: [OOC] How far into magic do you think you're going to go?
Joe: [OOC] I've put my points into contacts like Bailey. I made up a rich patriarch of the d'Vostog family that adores Beefstorm and is disappointed in Kali's life choices.
Soo: [OOC] But Kali's backstory is that she's the free-spirited family eccentric that proves that not all nobles are smug, rich assholes.
Joe: [OOC] I didn't say he disliked Kali's life choices for good reasons. 
Soo: [OOC] To answer your question Ian, I intend to go deep enough into making portals to do what I need to with Joe's character.
Ian: [OOC] That being?
Soo: [OOC] Ever play Bioshock: Infinite: Burial at Sea?
Ian: [OOC] Yeah.
Soo: [OOC] Ever finish the first chapter?
Ian: [OOC] I'll keep a bucket handy.
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] Bailey looks around, scratching his bum and such. "So um, whats the next thing you need us ta' do Grandmaster?"
Dane: [GM] Grandmaster Trant walks around his office with a martini. "Well sugar, since you asked. I'm sure you know about the gateways the ancients left humanity upon departing from our world."
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "The old Velthri gateways."
Dane: [GM] "Correct love. Well, I should probably be more sneaky about this but we've just made the most fabulous discovery in the Imperial heartland. A gateway far larger than any we've come across before. Best of all it's located right near the Imperial capitol city!"
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari looks a little nervous to the rest of the group but smiles to Trant. "So you mean that this portal could potentially be used to..."
Dane: [GM] "Usher in the Great Reformation!" Trant walks to the window and looks outside. "This world is cancerous, dears. The Imperia fights the Federation, the lesser folk fight the nobility and human progress is being lost in the crossfire. When the heralds of the makers come forth and raze this world to the ground, it will finally be free of the dense lattice of ancient feuds and classes. Like a forest fire that sweeps away the old growth and revitalizes the soil for new life."
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] Bailey nods. "So, you want us to be doin' somethin' related to that eh?"
Dane: [GM] "The portal we found is far too large for even our control tools to operate. It needs some kind of external power source. Sadly there's no such source at the site."
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari smirks. "I take it we can't just hook up a generator and be done with it?"
Dane: [GM] "The archaeologists we've used think that a set of arcane geode stack arrays might have been used to power the device in its original state."
Joe: [OOC] I'm impressed Dane.
Dane: [GM] About what?
Joe: [OOC] That's the most desperate attempt to dance around "I'm sending you on the most over-used quest ever: go find magical crystals" I've ever heard.
Ian: [OOC] To be fair, it's less of a trope and more of a cosmic reality.
Dane: [GM] I'm thinking of scrapping the traditional elemental crystals in favor ones based on the moods of the GM: Burning rage, quiet rage, depressed rage, and subtle rage.
Soo: [OOC] Those theme dungeons are just going to be Thanksgiving with my family...

No comments:

Post a Comment