Monday, March 17, 2014

84- No One Wants to be Cyclops

Dane: [GM] Okay, so now it's Joe's turn.
Joe: [GR-210] The heroic robot knew he had to do something. He knew this was his one chance to save the day. GR-210 takes a defense this turn. "Damn you Mari! You're not fit to start the revolution!"
Soo: [OOC] What the...
Joe: [OOC] I'm a freaking metal head on spider legs. They have rifles. What do you want me to do? Poke them to death? Nah, I'm going to play it safe just in case everyone else gets killed.
Ian: [OOC] You're a filthy coward. 
Joe: [OOC] Which I intend to continue being for years to come thanks to this plan, thank you very much.
Dane: [GM] Okay then, Danielle is up.
Dane: [Danielle] Danielle looks at GR-210. "I'm confused master, which group exactly are we betraying?"
Joe: [GR-210] "Oh, I suppose our current friends. Just shoot to maim, okay dear?"
Dane: [Danielle] "They shall not be let free of the cursed mortal coil just yet master." Danielle pulls out her rifle, which consumes her turn.
Dane: [GM] As much as I would love to follow through on Joe's request to murder my own team, I have to smoke a round setting up that rifle again.
Kyle: [OOC] How generous of you.
Dane: [Soldier 1, in good health] Soldier 1 looks around confused and eventually settles on popping off a shot at Bailey since he's the only person clearly against him. 
[Dane] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
Dane: [GM] However the shot whizzes narrowly past Bailey without hurting him.
Joe: [OOC] All this missing is a lot more funny when you consider we're on a flat, open-air surface with no discernible cover.
Dane: [GM] Oh yes Joe, tempt me to call you out on that defensive action you took.
Dane: [Soldier 2, shot in the shoulder] Soldier 2 scrambles to pick up his handgun and get on to his feet this turn.
Soo: [OOC] Wait, getting up from being on the ground takes a turn?
Dane: [GM] Yeah.
Soo: [OOC] Oh, if I knew that I wouldn't have had Kali flop down before. It seemed like a logical reaction.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali squirms a bit and pulls herself back up to standing. She winces in pain from her wound.
Dane: [GM] Ian!
Ian: [Mari Sasho] Mari runs over to Kali, yanking a potion out of her bag as she goes. "Here Kali! I'm so, so sorry!"
Ian: [OOC] Administering the potion as my action.
Dane: [GM] The potion poured on Kali's wound stings like hell, but you can see the wound physically closing in real-time.
Soo: [OOC] Kali d'Vostog: Blue-blooded paraplegic wizard Wolverine.
Kyle: [OOC] If she's Wolverine, does that mean she's going to show up in other games we play for added publicity?
Joe: [OOC] I think it means she's going to be played by Hugh Jackman in a progressively worsening series of directorial decisions.
Dane: [GM] Can we not get into X-Men right now, you know I have a sore spot about it.
Soo: [OOC] Hmm?
Dane: [GM] When I was a kid I was the only one who wore glasses, so when we were pretending to be the X-Men, Joe always made me be Cyclops.
Joe: [OOC] Oh please, you wanted to be Cyclops.
Dane: [GM] No one wants to be Cyclops Joe! Not even Cyclops wants to be Cyclops!
Soo: [OOC] You know, it's one of those words that kind of sounds weirder the more you say it.
Kyle: [OOC] Was there a mutant that could keep RPGs on track?
Ian: [OOC] No, but I think one of the Green Lanterns can run Pathfinder like nobody's business.

No comments:

Post a Comment