Monday, March 24, 2014

87- With Bees

Dane: [GM] Soon enough you are all in a nicely appointed sitting room aboard a large Imperial airship. Although the airship, the Vigilance, is clearly of military design, there is nothing you noted as you came on board that would indicate it as the operation center for the Shadow's Watch.
Joe: [OOC] Wait wait wait. We just go railroaded all the way from the jungle to a freaking airship?
Dane: [GM] Did you have something to do between those two points?
Joe: [OOC] Several!
Dane: [GM] Did you have anything that wasn't horribly tasteless to do between those two points?
Joe: [OOC] Nevermind, carry on sir.
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] Bailey immediately seeks out a chair with something near enough to it to put his boots up. "Well ain' this a kick. Finally 'it the big times!"
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari sits down near a window, looking out at it. "I'm surprised you're not less comfortable. You're the one who hates flying."
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] "Too good'a mood ta be frettin'."
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali walks over near Mari and sits down beside her. "We were just spirited out of the jungle by government secret agents. I'm not so sure this is a good thing, Hunt."
Joe: [OOC] Ooh, we have a person named Hunt and we're about to work for a secret agency. I love when this crap comes together.
Joe: [GR-210] GR skitters around. "I think what our roughened colleague means is that we will likely be given work by the Black Guards. This will very likely be well paying and come with the sort of protection that government work entails. It's much better than freelance adventuring."
Dane: [GM] Just then, Dr. Graham walks in with a stack of papers. "Well, close, old chum. The Shadow's Watch has been tracking this cult of revolutionaries for quite some time. You merely stumbled upon it in a different way. You were fortunate to come to me for advice on your artifact hunt: it gave me the warning I needed to make sure our cleaning agents didn't... erm, consider you loose ends."
Joe: [GR-210] "About that, Ghilly. You work for the government?"
Dane: [GM] Graham adjusts his spectacles. "I'm the Shadow's Watch's primary consultant on matters dealing with antiques and ancient religions. I don't so much work for them as have some leverage around here. Allow me to explain what you've walked into."
Ian: [OOC] Gonna go get a soda. I don't like to be exposition-ed thirsty."
Soo: [OOC] Toss me one while you're there?
Ian: [OOC] Sure.
Joe: [OOC] Wait, you two are in the same place?
Soo: [OOC] Yeah we're at Ian's house. I just thought it would be funny to type it rather than say it.
Joe: [OOC] I just... I just...
Dane: [GM] "The cult you ran afoul of is the Order of the Opening Eye. They may put on the airs of an apocalyptic cult but they really are far more a band of revolutionaries merely tied together by their means. They seek to use the power of the Old Velthri portals to summon the extradimensional insects you've seen before. They intend to use these insects as a way of destabilizing the current government of the Imperia. The membership in the cult ranges from those who are legitimate devotees of Old Velthri religion to members of various anti-Imperial forces."
Kyle: [OOC] What is it Joe?
Joe: [OOC] I'm just so proud of him. Our little nerdy boy-child is finally becoming a man-child. I demand we follow old-school nobility rules. I demand proof after the first time.
Soo: [OOC] It's not like that and if it if was, it's not your business anyhow!
Ian: [OOC] Back... wait what is going on here?
Dane: [GM] I AM NOT DUMPING EXPOSITION BECAUSE I LIKE HOW IT LOOKS. ONE MORE COMMENT NOT RELATED TO THE PLOT WILL RESULT IN THE ROOM BEING FILLED WITH BEES.
Kyle: [OOC] The room on the airship?
Dane: [GM] No. I will leave this game, go study how to run an apiary, commit myself to several years of financial hardship and labor to start one AND THEN I WILL FILL YOUR HOMES WITH BEES. 

No comments:

Post a Comment