Monday, April 28, 2014

101- Good Times

Dane: [GM] Grandmaster Trant comes over with mixed drinks. "Now then, I had to ask you a few eensy-weensy questions. Himmy's vouching counts for a lot, but I do find it odd that you all would be introduced to me without havin' done anythin' to prove yourselves to the Order yet. Got to be askin' why sugars, you know?"
Soo: [OOC] The good guys didn't even set us up with any cover? Taking these guys down wasn't really a high priority was it?
Kyle: [OOC] I'm starting to think taking them down might be fairly easy.
Joe: [OOC] Do we really WANT to take them down? I already like this guy more than any other character Dane's made up.
Ian: [OOC] Seriously though, who is our most talented liar?
Kyle: [OOC] Bailey.
Ian: [OOC] Allow me to rephrase, who is our most talented liar who isn't under an ancient curse on his ancestors regarding probability?
Soo: [OOC] I think that's me.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "Doctor Himmult was going to send us on some sort of raid to a temple or something he was talking about. He wouldn't share the details obviously. But he found someone else to do it and said our skills would be better served here. He wasn't very direct about it. Made it sound like you had something in mind."
Dane: [GM] Okay, going to need a roll. I'll be applying bonuses for weaving in partial truths and some penalties for trying to speak for someone he knows better than you.
Joe: [OOC] Oh come on, we know Himmult super-good. Remember all the fun times we had together?
Kyle: [OOC] The time he said hello to us or the time he tried to get us to execute each other? 
Joe: [OOC] Good times, good times.
[Soo] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
Dane: [GM] Trant nods. "That'd be like ol' Himmy, sending me his best prospects like a kitten with mouse. Well we're just delighted to have ya!" Trant mulls around picking up things. "Langley says you all have a wide variety of skills. I think I have an initiation mission that might be just up your alley."
Ian: [OOC] An initiation mission. Are we pledges yet?
Joe: [OOC] Ooh I hope there's some material for that. I haven't referenced Animal House in months.
Kyle: [OOC] Yes Ian, we're going to steal the rival cult's mascot just in time for the big game.
Dane: [GM] Trant points to a small map he's rolled out on the table. "We're not the only Order seeking to bring about a new world. Unfortunately kittens, some of them don't really see the merits of our organization. Some don't quite fit our message, others doubt our leadership."
Soo: [OOC] Oh, I wonder how they could ever doubt this crack team...
Dane: [GM] "On the eastern side of the island there's a small town. Another order has established a foothold there by bringing in one of their prophets. I want you to settle the matter using any method you deem necessary so long as you are subtle."
Joe: [OOC] He picks a very long way to spell "KILL".
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] Bailey flexes casually and leans on a wall near Jenise. "Looks like we'll be workin' ta'gether."
Dane: [GM] Jenise smirks but also rolls her eyes. "Eyes on the prize, cowboy. There's time enough for that later."
Joe: [OOC] Okay look I know Kyle succeeded in one roll to start trying to seduce her, but I'm going to demand more of them for the sake of realism if he's going to be this slimy.
Kyle: [OOC] I'm surprised he passed the first roll, to be honest.
Ian: [OOC] She's a fanatical member of an apocalyptic cult. She's literally the person who said she'd go out with you if the world was ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment