Wednesday, April 9, 2014

94- Continuity Police

Dane: [GM] The ride to the Langley farms is bumpy as Gus the farmer may not be the world's most professional driver. The truck bounces along the unpaved trails of the island and as the group sits in the bed you can feel every single rock of the way. This truck either has a suspension made of demon bones or the whole truck is favored by a god or two. Danielle is in the seat up front purely so I don't have to play her.
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari looks a little ill as everyone bounces around. "I take back what I said about liking this place. I think I'm about hurl."
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali pats Mari on the shoulder. "Now now Mari, a lady does no 'hurl'. We usually wrench, heave or blow chunks."
Joe: [OOC] Oh, a bodily fluid joke. I see we're getting classy.
Soo: [OOC] You usually do worse.
Joe: [OOC] But with a sense of style. My insults to good taste are fluid and clever like a cow pie being thrown at an opera singer.
Kyle: [OOC] That's an oddly specific description.
Joe: [OOC] And now you know why I can't go to student theater productions at the university anymore.
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] Bailey smirks at Kali's remark. "Jus' keep yer pinkie up while ya do it an' you'll be fine Ian."
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "Ian?"
Kyle: [OOC] Dammit I slipped character! Ignore! Ignore! Ignore!
Joe: [OOC] Wooooop! Wooooop! Continuity police! You can't because Soo just acknowledged it in character! Now it's set!
Soo: [OOC] Did I do something wrong?
Ian: [OOC] Its okay, I got this. Soo, hold on to the other end of this thread of logic, I'm going to rappel down and attempt a rescue!
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari winces a little. "Never told you about my embarrassing middle name Kali? My parents really wanted a son."
Joe: [GR-210] "Bah, names. Organics should number themselves like we machines do. Especially with all that dying and reproducing you insist on doing."
Ian: [Mari Shasho] "I had an older brother named Ian. He died before I was born. I think the name was a way of coping for them."
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali gives Mari a big hug. "I'm sorry to hear that. If it means anything, I think it works just fine with you."
Kyle: [OOC] Not sure if that's just general pleasantry or Kali thinks Mari is mannish.
Soo: [OOC] Its the grunting and bum-scratching. She doesn't want to be specific but it's getting out of hand.
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] "Sorreh Mari. Was thinkin' bout it fer some reason. Probably 'cus yall talkin' about lady stuff."
Ian: [OOC] I think that was a sufficiently good save.
Soo: [OOC] I'm impressed you managed to pull that out of your head so fast.
Kyle: [OOC] Thanks for the cover Ian. 
Joe: [OOC] I'd say he pulled it out of somewhere. Not sure if I would say it was his head.
Dane: [GM] I approve of all character exposition that doesn't require me to contribute. It's the cruise control of GMing.

No comments:

Post a Comment