Monday, April 14, 2014

96- Wave of Stupid

Dane: [GM] Jenise Langley puts her gun down as she ushers you inside and slams the door. "Dammit I told Gus not'a just drive anyone up here. You lot are from Himmult's chapter, yes?" she asks.
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] "From ain't the word I'd be usin'. More like he was the first guy we met."
Joe: [GR-210] GR buzzes about. "What my friend is trying to say is that we were introduced to the Order by Dr. Himmult. We haven't yet received any kind of training so we wouldn't really consider ourselves in it yet."
Dane: [GM] Jenise nods. "Well if trainin' is your goal then you came to the right island. I'll walk ya up to the training camp once I close things up 'ere."
Ian: [Mari Shasho] "We could just take a map. No need to go all the way out for us."
Joe: [OOC] Mari: the polite doomsday cultist.
Dane: [GM] "As you might be expectin', we aren't too keen on documents here-abouts. Rather not give you a map ya can lose and some infidel can follow."
Kyle: [OOC] Infidel? I knew they were a cult, I didn't think they were al-Qaeda.
Dane: [GM] They're an organization defined by a religious pretext. Infidel would be an appropriate term for outsiders. Cliche movie Islamists don't own it.
Joe: [OOC] Soo, you're Muslim, what is your opinion on Dane's horrific racism?
Soo: [OOC] Assuming I have an opinion on the use of the word 'infidel' like there's some kind of religion-wide copyright is probably vastly more racist than... wait is that even the word? I mean 'racist' implies 'race' not religion...
Dane: [GM] In the interests of not offending Soo, I will change the last line to 'non-believer'.
Joe: [OOC] Bwahah! This is great. Dane's fear of offending people is bending  the game universe.

Soo: [OOC] Religionist? Nah that sounds odd. There's got to be a word for it. Theologist? No...
Ian: [OOC] I think we lost Soo for a while guys.
Kyle: [OOC] You know, now that I think of it we're not too heavily armed. That could be offensive to American second-amendment activists. Maybe you should retcon it so we all have assault weapons Dane. You wouldn't want to violate our constitutional rights.
Dane: [GM] There are no constitutional rights! This game takes place in a autocratic empire!
Joe: [OOC] A complete lack of rights? Now you're offending huge chunks of the population. You better retcon it so this at least a republic. I'll be a representative of course.
Dane: [GM] Even if the Imperia was a republic, why would GR-210 be a representative?
Soo: [OOC] Ideologist would cover both religions and non-religious philosophies but I think that's already a word for something else.
Ian: [OOC] I would tell you to give up on this Soo, but I think fixating on it is the only thing protecting you from the waves of stupid crashing down around you.
Joe: [OOC] Well obviously to represent the interests of adventurers specifically.
Kyle: [OOC] I see how it is now. Adventurers tend to not have permanent addresses, engage in dangerous lifestyles and probably don't pay taxes. Is that it? Are you saying that adventurers don't count because we're on the margins of society?!
Joe: [OOC] I'm sorry GR-210's family couldn't get him into a nice business school Dane! I'm sorry he wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth!
Dane: [GM] He doesn't have a family! He's a ROBOT.
Joe: [OOC] And now we're saying orphans don't have rights?!
Ian: [OOC] I know OOC is outside of the flow of game-time, but I like to believe the party is standing still staring into space while this happens.

1 comment:

  1. "Infidel" is derived from latin, not arabic. It isn't the word moslems normally use it's the english translation of it. Also, christians used to use it a lot too.

    ReplyDelete