Monday, June 16, 2014

120- Habeus Rollus

Dane: [GM] Now fight the freaking monster.
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] Bailey ambles out of the pile of old debris he landed in. "Sheeee-oot. I'm alright I think..."
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali whips out her revolver. "I guess this will have to do." She snaps off a shot at the monster.
[Soo] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
Dane: [GM] The shot is wider than you thought it would but it manages to chip the beast's horn. It's very, very mad now.
Soo: [OOC] Oh yes, it certainly wasn't mad when it started trying to murder us.
Joe: [Lord Beefstorm] Lord Beefstorm strikes a heroic pose and yells "You're totally our best friend!"
Dane: [GM] The monster stares blankly at Beefstorm for a moment before continuing to rampage about.
Ian: [Mari Shasho] "What the heck were you thinking?"
Joe: [Lord Beefstorm] "I can convince anyone of anything!"
Joe: [OOC] Yeah, why didn't you roll to disbelieve that?
Dane: [GM] Because you don't even understand the monster's language, if it had one to begin with. For the last effing time, a high skill in deception is not the goddamn Force.
Joe: [OOC] There's valid penalties for trying to convey information without a shared language (which I'm sure I can brute past with raw math), just apply them.
Dane: [GM] You're attempting to successfully communicate with something that's likely not sentient to begin with, then trying to use that communication to convey deceptive and, frankly ridiculous, information.
Joe: [OOC] I demand the right of habeus rollus. Produce the roll!
Kyle: [OOC] You know that one semester of Latin I took in college Ian?
Ian: [OOC] Yeah?
Kyle: [OOC] I can feel that tiny bundle of neurons in my brain violently struggling to pour out of my ears.
Dane: [GM] Fine, but the roll to communicate is on you, not the monster. If you succeed with it, THEN I'll roll to disbelieve.
[Joe] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
Dane: [GM] You fail to communicate. Now drop this stupid idea.
Ian: [OOC] I thought your character was obscenely social-buffed?
Joe: [OOC] Only deception. Beefstorm couldn't convince you to give money to charity, but it could tell you that you were already giving the money. It's a matter of angles, really.
Ian: [OOC] I see. Interestingly, Mari possesses the most versatile of language skills.
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari winds up a minor fireball and flings it at the monster.
[Ian] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
Dane: [GM] The monster is hit by the fireball and flames begin to burn along it's furry body as it thrashes in pain.
Soo: [OOC] Violence as the universal language. How profound.
Ian: [OOC] What? No, no. I meant I have a language comprehension spell.
Kyle: [OOC] Than why did you go through the trouble of setting up that joke?
Ian: [OOC] Joke? I was just making conversation. Not everything can be witty you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment