Wednesday, June 25, 2014

124- Therefore Expendable

Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari looks around. "I guess we should find the way into the temple. I think the Danielle issue will work itself out when it wants to."
Dane: [GM] There's a lot of mess and rubble in the courtyard but you find a single passage that appears to lead down into the mountain near the back. The passage is pitch black.
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] Bailey takes out one of his revolvers and looks around for a torch.
Dane: [GM] There's a couple of half-burned torches stuck in the wall.
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] Bailey pulls one of the torches off the wall and holds it out to Mari. "Iffin' you'd be so kind..."
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari uses a minor fire magic to light the torch.
Joe: [OOC] Random, ancient torches are always so reliable in these kind of situations.
Soo: [OOC] They're kind of like flashlights in the horror genre: they work until it would be better for them not to work. 
Joe: [OOC] I'll just make sure none of our sluts start making out, just to be safe.
Dane: [GM] The tunnel, now dimly illuminated, stretches deeper into the mountain in a slight, downward slope. The walls are decorated with intricate carvings related to fire.
Joe: [Lord Beefstorm] "Right then, we should probably figure out the order people are going to go down there. Since most of us have guns I think the order should be Techie, Bailey, Mari, me and Kali."
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "I can understand wanting to put people in front of you, given you're a coward, but why am I behind you?"
Joe: [Lord Beefstorm] "What if something attacks us from behind. Ever think of that?"
Dane: [Techie] "Why should I be in front? I'm just a technician. I don't have any combat training."
Joe: [OOC] Hmm...
Ian: [OOC] What's wrong?
Joe: [OOC] Trying to explain to the poor girl that she's an NPC and therefore expendable, but not in a way that will hurt her feelings.
Soo: [OOC] You've blown up fictional children but you won't hurt a fictional character's feelings?
Joe: [OOC] I have a moral code. It's just not very obvious.
Joe: [Lord Beefstorm] "Well because that way you can um... analyze traps and stuff."
Dane: [Techie] Techie puts her hands on her hips. "I really think you just want me to get killed first if something goes wrong."
Kyle: [OOC] Oh look, an NPC that actually knows how things work around here.
Ian: [OOC] Cut the experiment, they've become self-aware!
Joe: [Lord Beefstorm] "Um, no. I just have faith in your abilities."
Joe: [OOC] Hey sweet, that was a lie. That means it's DECEPTION TIME.
[Dane] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
Dane: [Techie] Techie looks off to the side a moment and then nods. "Well, okay. As long as you really trust me."
Soo: [OOC] I feel like we need to protect our NPCs from Joe sometimes. Not like in a severe, "he's a criminal" kind of way, just in that way you'd keep your kids from that uncle at family gatherings who always wants to talk about wars and give them beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment