Monday, July 7, 2014

125- Project Passageway

Dane: [GM] The path runs down deep into the mountain's heart. The walls are all decorated with the sort of elaborate, Old Velthri carvings that you're getting kind of used to by now. The biggest factor you're noticing is that its getting very, very hot down here as you go.
Ian: [OOC] If anyone is trying to keep their ambient music in sync with me, I just switched over to Lower Norfair from Super Metroid.
Kyle: [OOC] See I already started up the castle theme from Mario.
Joe: [OOC] Flame Mammoth's stage from Megaman X.
Ian: [OOC] Which do you think fits best Soo?
Soo: [OOC] I didn't have a Super Nintendo as a kid.
Kyle: [OOC] "As a kid"?
Soo: [OOC] I think it's possible to have successfully grown up without a Nintendo.
Joe: [OOC] You mean like, with a Genesis or something?
Dane: [GM] I'm going to ask for a roll out of each of you. The heat is getting intense and, while its not at dying levels, if you can't pass the roll I'm going to start imposing penalties on athletic tasks.
Joe: [OOC] Lord Beefstorm is wearing a classy business suit and a top hat. I doubt his monocle will impose a penalty. It's all made of the finest materials money can buy, of course. His monocle costs more than Mari's life.
Ian: [OOC] Why is my character specifically used as an example?
Joe: [OOC] Because she's the group poor person. If this were a high school she would be the kid we go to when we need pot or a place to have a party.
Dane: [GM] And you're reporting this because?
Joe: [OOC] Logically, how our characters are dressed should be relevant to how they handle heat, yes?
Dane: [GM] Fair enough. But it's going to be minor changes. All things considered, how you described Beefstorm's clothing seems kind of inappropriately layered for the heat, so it's going to be a penalty for you.
Soo: [OOC] Kali is kind of dressed like a World War One pilot, minus the leather jacket. You know, snug tan pants, boots, a white shirt and a leather belt with a scarf. Seemed appropriate.
Dane: [GM] I'm going to say that's average enough for an unmodified roll.
Joe: [OOC] Those guys wore riding pants. I demand a penalty reflecting chafing!
Kyle: [OOC] Hate to say it but Bailey is in his usual cowboy clothes with a duster and all that. Penalty I'm guessing.
Dane: [GM] True, true.
Kyle: [OOC] He's not wearing underwear, any help?
Dane: [GM] No and never speak of this again.
Ian: [OOC] Mari has her usual baggy trousers and shirt, with sandals like the plebe she is.
Dane: [GM] I can see that being comfy enough for a slight bonus. Techie is wearing regular clothing so I'm just going to take that at medium too. Roll time!
[Joe] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
[Dane] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
[Soo] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
[Ian] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
[Kyle] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
Dane: [GM] Surprisingly everyone passed, so we can just continue on.
Kyle: [OOC] Yeah, time to keep searching for the...
Ian: [OOC] The thing we're here to find. You know that one um... thing?
Joe: [OOC] Crap. Soo?
Soo: [OOC] Why would I know? I thought you knew?
Kyle: [OOC] Oh right, we were going to go find Soo an SNES.
Dane: [GM] It was a magical crystal to help open an inter-dimensional portal for a doomsday cult.
Soo: [OOC] Sorry, I got kind of distracted by describing clothing.
Kyle: [OOC] I think I see how teenage girls writing fanfiction can do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment