Monday, July 14, 2014

128- Dangling the Wizard

Soo: [Kali dVostog] "All ashore that's going ashore, gents."
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] "I'll erm... mind the door fer a bit."
Kyle: [OOC] That's how you say "Just in case this fails, someone else go first" in Baily-ese.
Joe: [Lord Beefstorm] "Truly thou art akin to a crusading cavalier in thy bravery, Mr. Hunt."
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari wraps herself around the chain and begins to slink across.
Dane: [GM] I'm going to require a check for this, given the perilous nature of the situation. If you decide to dangle across from underneath I'm going to want a strength based roll. Acrobatics if you decide to balance along the top.
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari goes with the dangling-underneath option.
Kyle: [OOC] I don't exactly know how, but there's no way to read that without some sort of sexual subtext.
Joe: [OOC] "Dangling the Wizard" is a euphemism I use for this one trick.
Kyle: [OOC] I said I didn't know how, not that I wanted to know.
[Ian] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
Dane: [GM] A reasonably successful roll sees Mari make it halfway across the chain in one action.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali kneels down, hanging on to the stone to add her weight to it. "Just keep heading across dear. You're doing great."
Joe: [OOC] You really should be trying to tight-rope across the top of it.
Ian: [OOC] That seems needlessly dangerous. Besides, Mari has a higher strength score than the few points I put into acrobatics.
Joe: [OOC] Why exactly would a pyromancer have ANY points in acrobatics?
Ian: [OOC] Mari grew up in the backwoods with a family/troupe of circus performers. A few points in acrobatics seemed like an adequate way of representing it.
Kyle: [OOC] Oh sure. Ian can do that, but when I want to take points in stock portfolio management to represent Bailey's secret background as a high-power stock trader, it gets house-ruled.
Dane: [GM] Because "Stock Portfolio Management" isn't a skill in this system.
Soo: [OOC] I never knew Mari was a carny.
Ian: [OOC] We did our character writing together after the first session.
Soo: [OOC] Yeah but I was kind of distracted. I mostly took away that Mari is a fan of fire and things that are on fire.
Ian: [OOC] Neither of those things are untrue.
Joe: [OOC] You were clearly just distracted by the faint first blushes of the rabid lust you currently feel for each other. It's only natural.
Soo: [OOC] For the last time: we're not dating.
Joe: [OOC] "Dating" is such a civilized word. Such a human word. I'm talking about something far more primal.
Soo: [OOC] I think I would know.
Joe: [OOC] Reeeeeeally?  I'm noticing Ian hasn't denied me yet, only you. Could that be something psychological? Iiiiiiian?
Soo: [OOC] Ian, tell Joe we're not dating. And for any help with doing so, allow me to remind you that your character is currently dangling from a chain over lava.
Kyle: [OOC] Sounds like a metaphor for most relationships I've been in, to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment