Wednesday, July 23, 2014

132- All Aboard

Kyle: [OOC] Okay, that's one problem down. But now I'm thinking...
Soo: [OOC] That the French maid with a shotgun is vastly more dangerous than the giant monster made of lava?
Kyle: [OOC] Yep.
Ian: [OOC] Wait a minute, I have a plan.
Kyle: [OOC] All ears.
Ian: [OOC] I couldn't damage the Lava Yeti with fireballs because it was made of fire. But Danielle is a person. People aren't made of fire! I can damage her with fire.
Kyle: [OOC] So you're going to hit her with a fireball. LITERALLY the ONLY thing your character does in 90% of situations?
Ian: [OOC] It's just crazy enough to work, I know.
Joe: [OOC] I hope it doesn't. A real man puts down his own former-NPC-Followers.
Ian: [OOC] I doubt I can one-shot her. She'll likely just be horrifically burned.
Joe: [OOC] NPCs suffering. That's a train I can get aboard. Conductor Ian, pull us out the station.
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari warms up a fireball and flings it at Danielle.
[Ian] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
Dane: [GM] The fireball streaks over Danielle's head and explodes on the wall. Not very harmful to anyone but a nice effect.
Kyle: [OOC] Wah Wah WAAAAAAAH.
Joe: [OOC] I trusted you Ian! I made you the conductor of my pain train.
Dane: [GM] You're up Joe.
Joe: [OOC] Out of the engine room Ian, it's time for Casey Jones to take the helm.
Joe: [Lord Beefstorm] Beefstorm runs screaming at Danielle, fist raised for a kick-ass haymaker. He swings!
[Joe] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
Ian: [OOC] What does any of this have to do with Ninja Turtles?
Joe: [OOC] Casey Jones is a famous railroad engineer from the wild west days that helmed a train to his death to save lives in a wreck. What the hell are you talking about?
Soo: [OOC] You know more about train-wrecks more than a century ago than you do about contemporary pop culture? 
Joe: [OOC] My father's a model railroader. You learn this stuff or you don't get love.
Dane: [GM] The giant muscle-bound Lord Beefstorm runs up and slugs Danielle in the face. She appears stunned as she staggers about.
Joe: [Lord Beefstorm] Beefstorm strikes a cool pose. "All aboard, motherfucker."
Kyle: [OOC] Given that pun refers to the OOC chat, I'm not entirely sure what Beefstorm meant by that in context.
Joe: [OOC] Beefstorm and Kali's father was also a model railroader.
Soo: [OOC] Stop making up shared backstory for us!
Joe: [OOC] I don't see anything on your character sheet that says he wasn't and I can type faster than you.
Kyle: [OOC] I didn't know Joe was so into trains.
Joe: [OOC] They're giant shafts full of powerful engines that effected how my dad felt about me. I'm sure it's something Fruedian.

No comments:

Post a Comment