Wednesday, July 16, 2014

129- Failey

Ian: [OOC] Okay, next roll for the climbing.
[Ian] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
Dane: [GM] Mari is able to quickly scurry to the other side and join Kali.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali helps Mari get up with her hand and waves to the group before sitting back on the rock.
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari hugs the rock too. "As much weight as possible."
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] Bailey sighs. "Welp, time tah go I s'pose." He walks over to the chain, holsters his guns and starts to shimmy across.
[Kyle] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
Dane: [GM] Bailey makes it only a short way across before the chain seems to yank a bit, even with the added bracing of Kali and Mari on the other end.
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] "Shit, shit, shit!" He hangs on tight.
Joe: [Lord Beefstorm] Beefstorm seems lost in thought.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali hangs on tighter to the rock. "Dammit!"
Dane: [Techie] "Well? What are you thinking?"
Joe: [Lord Beefstorm] He suddenly seems very determined. "I've got it!" He walks over to edge and looks at Bailey. "From now on, your nickname is going to be Failey!"
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] "That s'pose to motivate me er somethin'?"
Joe: [Lord Beefstorm] "Not really. But I've been struggling to come up with a good nickname for you. I call Kali and Mari the Squids."
Dane: [Techie] "The Squids?"
Joe: [Lord Beefstorm] "Kali... Mari... Kalimari... Calimari. Get it?"
Dane: [Techie] "Oh."
Ian: [Mari Shasho] "That's actually pretty clever."
Joe: [Lord Beefstorm] "I know right? I was so proud of myself when I came up with it."
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] Bailey swings on the chain. "NOT THE TIME!"
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "Come on now. Impatientey isn't nearly as clever a nickname."
Kyle: [OOC] I swear to Gygax if I fall I'm going to use my last action to shoot one of you in the face. Don't compete to be the winner Soo.
Dane: [GM] Okay, time for the next roll.
[Kyle] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
Dane: [GM] Bailey gets his bracing a bit better and scampers along the chain. He's now fairly close to the end.
Kyle: [OOC] Okay, back in the saddle.
Dane: [GM] Just then a hideous roar echos through the chamber. A stone slab blasts off one of the walls and slams onto the walkway and platform, creating a stone bridge. Unfortunately, the thing that knocked it there in the first place is a LAVA YETI with Danielle riding on the back of it!
Kyle: [OOC] Just out of abject curiosity, do I have any monthly comics I haven't picked up at the shop lately Dane?
Dane: [GM] You have about 120 USD of backlog you need to come and pay for. But what's money between a bunch of friends playing a game, yes?
Kyle: [OOC] Dammit.
Ian: [OOC] A younger, more naive me would question how we got to the point were a sniper rifle-wielding French maid riding a lava yeti started to make sense. Current-me is just kind of dryly accepting.
Soo: [OOC] I'm still kind of hung up on the concept of a "Lava Yeti", but my brain is actively refusing to think about it to avoid hurting itself.
Ian: [OOC] That's the first stage, usually. Eventually when something bizarre and stupid comes along, you'll be at a stage where you won't think "why" but instead "can I play one next campaign".

No comments:

Post a Comment