Wednesday, December 11, 2013

45- Talking to Knives

Dane: [GM] Okay so before you guys arrive, can I just get the gist of what you spent your points on? I figure the trip counts as downtime.
Soo: [OOC] I started taking magic skills. I could only afford one spell since the basic training costs so much so I took Dispel, tier one. Figure if we have a wizard, eventually we'll deal with some ourselves.
Ian: [OOC] I just upgraded my fire spells and took another point in longarms proficiency to make me more shooty.
Joe: [OOC] I used my points on Danielle, but my leftover ones I spent getting some Sneak. We don't have any stealth and I'm a tiny head. Seemed like a natural fit. The bonuses I rack up on size alone push me into ninja territory.
Kyle: [OOC] I put some more points into my diplomatic skills, since we seem to be ending all our conversations with death or explosions.
Joe: [OOC] Hey death is nature's period mark. Explosions are its exclamation points.
Dane: [GM] In order of responder: good thinking, why break what's not broken, the thought of what you'll use sneaking for is terrifying to me, and somehow I don't think that will change much.
Kyle: [OOC] I can dream, can't I?
Joe: [OOC] I have a dream. A dream where NPCs will not be judged by the nature of their role in the plot but by the content of their circulatory systems. But ooh I'm talking about sneaking plans now aren't I?
Dane:[OOC] The train pulls into the station at Imperian City. The cityscape in it's dense, winding form stretches out before you in all directions. The tall buildings in their myriad styles nearly blot out what little sun the smoke and coal-burning furnaces don't already cover. The streets churn with a complex array of people from all sorts of places and walks of life. Posters baring the likeness of the Empress beseech military age men and women to enlist along every wall, remnants from the last war.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali hops off the train and sucks in the heavy air. "Ah, it's good to be home. Warm showers, restaurants, little bars with piano players."
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] Bailey saunters off the train. "Smoke! Bar fights! Bigger bar fights!"
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari picks up her bag and looks around. "Lots of people."
Ian: [OOC] Mari's never been to a big city before. She's from the eastern hill-lands.
Joe: [OOC] That's how you say bumpkin in RPG-speak.
Joe: [GR-210] GR-210 sits in Danielle's arms and hops around a bit. "Victims! Victims! Victims!"
Dane: [Danielle] Danielle holds onto GR and looks off wearily into the crowds. "Lives beginning, lives ending. Monuments to the present built up on the ashes of the past. Blood and sweat greasing the gears of a progress towards nothing but eventual oblivion."
Soo: [OOC] That still hasn't stopped being creepy.
Kyle: [OOC] Kinda makes sense. Anyone who would have to spend a lot of time with GR-210 would probably start thinking about horrible things a lot.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali walks down the station platform and hails a car (there's cars in this right?). "We'll go to my townhouse and get our things settled in."
Dane: [GM] A motorcar picks the group up and takes you all to Kali's townhouse in the nicer, more open part of the city.
Joe: [OOC] Just railroading me along like that? Maybe I wanted to do... things... at the train station.
Dane: [GM] A MOTORCAR PICKS UP THE GROUP AND TAKES YOU ALL TO KALI'S TOWNHOUSE IN THE NICER, MORE OPEN PART OF THE CITY AND YOU DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HORRIBLE AT THE TRAIN STATION.
Dane: [GM] Soo, feel free to describe your place.
Soo: [OOC] Kali's townhouse is a pleasant brownstone on a tree-lined street. It has three floors and is surprisingly plainly furnished for the house of someone as wealthy as her. That being said, it hardly has any discomforts and it seems like the furnishings were chosen based on how pleasant they were to use rather than how nice they look. The basement has furnished workshop and there's a small cozy study on the second floor. There's two bedrooms: one for Kali and one formerly used by her butler before he tragically died at GR-210's hands. The kitchen is furnished with polished brass accents and a nice tile floor.
Ian: [OOC] Nice place.
Joe: [OOC] Soo has a basement apartment. She's one of those people who glues home decor magazines into a scrapbook though.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "I only have two bedrooms so we'll have to make this work somehow. Mari can sleep with me in my room and I guess the other will be for Bailey and GR-210."
Joe: [GR-210] "What about my new life-companion?"
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] "Couch is fine with me if it ain't no issue ma'am. I'd rather give a whole room ta' a robot 'ead than let 'im talk to me all night."
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali nods. "I'll get a cot for Danielle, she can have the basement room. We'll keep GR-210 in the coal bin."
Soo: [OOC] I am NOT letting Dane's creepy-ass maid sleep someplace where I can't lock her. I intend to be able to sleep.
Dane: [GM] Firsly, it's Joe's creepy-ass maid that I'm forced to RP. Second, at the worst she'll just walk around the kitchen all night talking to knives.
Ian: [OOC] Soo, get a big padlock when you get that cot.
Joe: [OOC] I look forward to the rousing pillow-talk Ian and Soo will get into. Are you going to do each other's hair, or just compare your boobs all night?
Kyle: [OOC] I don't think that's what two women do when left alone in a bedroom, at least not most of the time.
Joe: [OOC] Are you kidding? Me and my wife compare every night.
Ian: [OOC] Can your soul be blind? I think mine is.
Joe: [OOC] It's not really about size so much as how it works with your body type.

No comments:

Post a Comment