Monday, December 30, 2013

52- Pretty Pretty Pulp Adventurer

Dane: [GM] Felicity Johnson's body drops to the floor with a wet thud. Her head is mostly gone. Erm... good job guys.
Kyle: [OOC] I'm really starting to think it's true...
Ian: [OOC] That we need to be more careful around NPCs?
Kyle: [OOC] That we can't end a conversation  without someone dead.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali sits up and dusts off her dress. "Well I think we ought to be moving everyone. This isn't like the country. We can't just murder whomever we please."
Joe: [OOC] Wait, Kali's been wearing a dress this whole time?
Soo: [OOC] I don't know, I figured that would be the only thing appropriate. Like a simple, Edwardian day-to-day one. Nothing fancy. She usually wears a simple forest green dress with a white blouse. I could have sworn I've mentioned it before. 
Joe: [OOC] Somehow I feel like that should have factored into some action scenes.
Soo: [OOC] It's not like she's jogging in heels...
Joe: [OOC] I feel kind of betrayed. My mental image of this group was a gaggle of roughneck tomb raiders. Now I have to modify all my mental images for some kind of pretty pretty pulp adventurer.
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] Bailey hops up. "Right. Nah which way out?"
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari looks around. "Let's hope there's a back exit."
Dane: [GM] There's a door in the kitchen out into a small backyard. The fence back there could be hopped.
Joe: [GR-210] "Last one out hangs for murder! Wee!" GR scoots for the door.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "Can they even hang a robot head for murder?"
Ian: [Mari Shasho] "If the police find my dream journal, they'll find at least 100 ways of ending GR-210's life." Mari runs out the back door and goes to hike the fence.
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] Bailey turns as they leave and pulls out his revolver. "Wait a secon'." He takes the gun and fires shots through the panes of the window Felicity got sniped through. He then turns to run away.
Joe: [OOC] Needless violence, I love it! Although if you were really trying to win my heart, you'd have mutilated the body instead.
Kyle: [OOC] It's not needless. Your stupid maid-sniper needs to get away too and one hole in the window would help the cops figure out the angle of attack. I blew out the window to make the crime scene less clear.
Ian: [OOC] Oh, smart. Hey I got an idea that'll help too.
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari turns as they leave and flings a firebolt back into the house.
Ian: [OOC] Firebolt at level 2 Dane.
Dane: [GM] Going to forego an attack roll seeing as you're aiming for a building.
Dane: [GM] The building quickly bursts into flames as the fireball streaks in and ignites just about everything.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali hikes the fence and runs for it.
[Soo] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
Joe: [OOC] I demand a penalty on that roll for being in a dress AND having one arm.
Dane: [GM] I'm going to impose one for being single-armed, but I'm ignoring Kali being in a dress purely because Joe asked for it. She made it anyhow with a very high roll.
Ian: [OOC] A one-armed woman in a dress hiking a fence in one move, she must have biceps like a tank.
Soo: [OOC] It's the lack of points in physical attributes. She's like a bag of dried leaves.
Dane: [GM] A loud explosion can be heard behind guys as you work at getting over the fence. A huge shockwave of hot air (coupled with all you idiots being on a fence) causes the fence to fall over. Behind you, the sky is lit up with orange as Mari's fire has spread to adjacent townhouses. The whole block is aflame.
Ian: [OOC] Why must I destroy everything I touch!?
Soo: [OOC] Because you touch everything with fire, love. We do need to discuss your definition of 'helping' too.
Joe: [OOC] Dane, is there ANY fence left standing?
Dane: [GM] I'm inclined to say yes purely to keep you moving.
Joe: [GR-210] GR-210 runs headlong at the upright fence and tries to smash through it.
[Joe] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
Dane: [GM] GR-210 pointlessly smashes through the splintery wood of the fence.
Joe: [GR-210] "OH YEAH!"
Dane: [GM] *sigh* Done now?
Joe: [OOC] Very much so, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment