Friday, December 13, 2013

46- Schrodinger's NPC

Soo: [Kali dVostog] "Okay everyone, just put your stuff down and make some lunch. I think we have some investigating to do tonight!"
Joe: [GR-210] GR skitters about excitedly. "And by investigating you mean breaking and entering?"
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] Bailey sighs. "GR, it's possible to learn things about someone by means other than breaking into their home."
Joe: [GR-210] "Learn lame things maybe. Juicy stuff always requires a pry-bar and some felonies to get to."
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali shakes her head. "Actually I was thinking of just asking around with people who knew him."
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari chimes in. "About that, actually. Nobody knows Dillon Johnson is dead except for us. Everyone else who knows him just thinks he was kidnapped."
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "Hmm, I didn't think about that. Honesty is usually the best policy."
Joe: [GR-210] "I am sorry Mrs. Johnson, but your son was shot by thugs then probably eaten by giant bugs which are possibly eating their way through northern towns as we speak. Just wanted to let you know."
Ian: [Mari Shasho] "That does kind of remind me: how are we handling this whole extra-dimensional insect thing anyhow? Shouldn't we tell someone?"
Soo: [OOC] Yeah, we probably should have thought of that. Ideas?
Kyle: [OOC] I'm going to ballpark that if we tell someone in power, they're going to assume we're nuts.
Ian: [OOC] I dunno, there's a whole frozen dead town backing us up on this.
Kyle: [OOC] Point.
Dane: [GM] Actually, people know the town was destroyed, and that something non-human did it, but they don't know the specifics. You guys got on a train there, you didn't think anyone else asked around?
Kyle: [OOC] I tend to forget that something can possibly happen in an RPG when we aren't doing it.
Joe: [OOC] I'm of the belief that NPCs don't actually exist when we aren't looking at them.
Soo: [OOC] So what, Schrodinger's NPC?
Joe: [OOC] Nah, more like an infant's understanding of object permanence. If an NPC were in a box we'd know it'd always be dead because I would have killed it.
Dane: [Danielle] "The policemen were very nice at the train... Of all the people we've met who will eventually die and be forgotten by the unending march of time, I liked them the most." Danielle wanders off muttering something about dust.
Joe: [GR-210] GR-210 hops up and down on the kitchen table. "Look guys, we all know the truth of the matter: any number of means could get us information but only one of them is fun. Let's go rob his house already!"
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "Even if we're breaking in, we're not going to steal anything. We're adventurers, not criminals."
Joe: [GR-210] "Enters places they shouldn't be, kills things, takes things, profits. Am I describing an adventurer or a criminal?"
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali sighs. "I'm rapidly wondering why I chose to work with this crowd..."
Joe: [OOC] There's only a couple of roles you can really fill as a woman in a steampunk pulp adventure Soo and with your current lack of symettry I doubt you're going to play the femme fatale.
Soo: [OOC] There's no rule in the rulebook that says my lack of an arm effects my ability to seduce people... which seems kind of like an oversight error to me.
Ian: [OOC] You could be a mad scientist.
Soo: [OOC] Nah, dramatic gestures while mocking the natural order of the universe kinda lose something when done one handed.
Joe: [OOC] Like so many other things I do every day...
Kyle: [OOC] Explain that statement and I will end you.

No comments:

Post a Comment