Monday, December 16, 2013

47- The Weather in Hell

Dane: [GM] Do you guys want to do anything before we move on to tonight?
Joe: [OOC] I need to go buy a sniper rifle, can I just assume it's handled?
Dane: [GM] I know I'm going to regret asking this, but why?
Joe: [OOC] Danielle needs a weapon and I put a lot of points towards sniping-related traits. 
Soo: [OOC] I thought she was a maid who specialized in polishing robots.
Joe: [OOC] She is, but the closest the game will come to letting me represent that was the Profession (Maid) and Repair skills. That left a lot of points open so I figured I'd make her into a sniper.
Kyle: [OOC] Which makes perfect sense.
Joe: [OOC] Exactly Kyle, I don't know why people have to be so critical of good roleplay.
Kyle: [OOC] Dear god, even sarcastically agreeing with Joe makes me feel unclean.
Dane: [GM] Well there really isn't any gun control laws to speak of in the Imperia, so if Kali's paying I guess that's fine. 
Soo: [OOC] If Kali doesn't then he'll start doing something horrible, illegal and probably-involving-orphans to get it, so yeah sure, she'll pay.
Joe: [OOC] Isn't the world so much easier when we all just realize how these things work?
Ian: [OOC] In the sense that one of the upsides to living in hell is knowing the weather will be consistently hot...
Dane: [GM] Anyone else?
Dane: [GM] Okay good. Night falls and it's about midnight before you know it. The streets are illuminated with oil lamps that cast weak shadows among their lightly flickering areas. Dillon Johnson's house is a smaller townhouse not far from Kali's. It's nice, but only two stories.
Kyle: [OOC] The peasant.
Soo: [OOC] Honey, you're character is sleeping on my couch in a trenchcoat.
Joe: [GR-210] GR-210 skitters about on the ground. "Danielle, go scope out a good place to shoot from; try the roof of one of the houses on the opposite side of the street. I need full coverage on the front side of the house."
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali crosses her... well crosses her one arm, and stares at GR. "What the heck are you planning."
Joe: [GR-210] "If the police show up, I want Danielle to be able to lay down some covering fire."
Ian: [Mari Shasho] "Isn't having her get onto the roof of a residential building and setting up a sniper's nest somewhat more illegal than breaking and entering?"
Dane: [Danielle] Danielle runs her hands along her sniper rifle. "Their lives will end with but a whisper from you, my master." She then slips off to go climb a fire escape.
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] "If she's gonna kill us all, I'm shootin' mah'self first."
Ian: [OOC] With your luck with rolls, you'll probably miss.
Kyle: [OOC] Fair point. Can I borrow that shotgun?
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari puts her hands on her hips. "Well, now that we have a much better reason to not be out in the open, how are we getting into this house?"
Joe: [GR-210] "Oh! Ooh! Ooh! I have an idea."
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] "Dare I ask?"
Joe: [GR-210] "Well, I'm pretty small. Why don't you just toss me down the coal chute? Then I'll skitter upstairs and open the door."
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "And if the door to the basement is closed?"
Joe: [GR-210] "I'll have Danielle snipe the door open from her vantage point."
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari tilts her head. "I don't think that's possible."
Joe: [OOC] I think you people fail to realize how many points I invested in her sniping.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali thinks briefly. "Let's try it. At worst we lose GR-210 forever in someone's basement and I think we can live with that."
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] Bailey picks up the robot head and walks over to the coal chute. "I've often fantasized 'bout tossin' you inta' a furnace. This'll be relaxin'." He drops GR-210 down the coal chute.
Dane: [GM] GR-210 bounces noisily along the coal chute and hits the bottom, landing in a bin. All the bouncing made a racket but on the upside you slowed enough to not really take damage.
Joe: [GR-210] GR-210 skitters up the stairs and heads for the front door.
Dane: [GM] You have no issues getting to the front door, but the problem occurs to you that you really don't have hands of any description to open the door.
Joe: [OOC] What? You didn't say this wouldn't work!
Dane: [GM] I'm the GM, not the bad idea police. You should have thought of that your little spidery legs probably lack the motor skills to turn a brass door knob.
Joe: [OOC] Grr fine. Okay is there anything around like maybe a key?
Dane: [GM] There's a key on the counter by the door.
Joe: [OOC] I think I have an idea...
Joe: [GR-210] GR-210 takes the key into his mouth and skitters over to the window.
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] Bailey walks over to the window. "Well, watcha' know, the little guy found a key. Now toss it through the mail slot."
Joe: [GR-210] GR-210 springs violently into the window, crashing through it to the outside while yelling "SNEAKING!" at the top of his robo-lungs.
Soo: [OOC] Oh for the love of toast...
Joe: [OOC] Dane I'm rolling for stealthing that.
Dane: [GM] You just threw yourself through a window pane yelling loudly.
Joe: [OOC] Okay fine, with a penalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment