Wednesday, January 1, 2014

53- Plot-convenienceomancer

Kyle: [OOC] Okay, now that we've probably murdered scores of people thanks to Ian's "help" do we even have any leads for this investigation?
Ian: [OOC] I said I was sorry!
Soo: [OOC] No you didn't...
Joe: [OOC] It's okay Ian. They say ladies love a dangerous man. Heck, if they call dangerous, sexy men 'ladykillers' how do you think they'll react when they learn you're a buildingkiller? That's not even counting the number of people that you literally killed!
Soo: [OOC] I think that's just a figure of speech Joe.
Joe: [OOC] It is? I probably shouldn't have murdered that hooker before I proposed to my wife. I thought it would give me an air of intensity and mystery.
Kyle: [OOC] Grand Theft Auto isn't a dating sim.
Joe: [OOC] Not the way you play it.
Soo: [OOC] Well, we have that journal from Dillon Johnson. 
Ian: [OOC] Right! And there is no more condensed plot coupon in RPGs than a journal.
Dane: [GM] Except...
Kyle: [OOC] Oh sweet shit...
Soo: [OOC] We never actually picked it up, did we?
Joe: [OOC] And we can't go back inside because SOMEONE decided to go Dresden 1945 on a whole city block.
Ian: [OOC] That's kind of an intellectual reference coming from you.
Kyle: [OOC] Can we just get a mulligan on this and SAY we picked it up Dane?
Dane: [GM] Are you kidding? You people fuck with my campaign left, right and upside-down and you expect me to just GIVE you something you lost through your own negligence?
Kyle: [OOC] Um yes...
Dane: [GM] And why should I do that?
Ian: [OOC] Because we can't continue your plot at all if we don't and a plot that never gets played is even worse than a plot that was mangled by the players.
Dane: [GM] ...
Dane: [GM] Okay fine, but we're doing this my way.
Soo: [OOC] *Hugs Ian* Ian Wright: Ace Attorney!
Dane: [GM] Let me think here... Soo.
Soo: [OOC] Yes?
Dane: [GM] Kali took some starter spellcasting last time she got points right?
Soo: [OOC] Yes. Beginner's anti-magic actually, to counter mages.
Kyle: [OOC] I forgot we had an anti-magic user... Probably should have dwelled on that before we resorted to exploding Felicity's head.
Joe: [OOC] To be fair, just because we COULD have solved that peacefully doesn't mean I would have allowed it to.
Dane: [GM] Well, Kali hasn't used anti-magic yet so I'm willing to invoke the sacred RPG rule of "Schrรถdinger's Skill Points": until a skill is used in-game, it may or may not actually exist. If Soo declares that Kali never had anti-magic and instead took temporal magic instead, I'll let her teleport the book out of the fire. A small journal is well within the mass limits of her skill level.
Ian: [OOC] Why does quantum mechanics constantly come up in RPG groups?
Soo: [OOC] Okay, let's do that.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali puts her hand out and mutters to herself while tracing arcane patterns in the air.
Dane: [GM] The journal from within the house teleports out to the yard, landing at Kali's feet. The leather book smells of soot and fire but is otherwise undamaged.
Soo: [OOC] Sweet! I'm a plot-convenienceomancer!

No comments:

Post a Comment