Friday, January 10, 2014

57- Trust Me, I'm a Robot Spider Doctor

Dane: [GM] I'm going to jump ahead to tomorrow and god am I never looking back, okay? Oh right, I don't care. MORNING.
Kyle: [OOC] Poor, traumatized Dane.
Dane: [GM] I can't help it. I'm a GM. The game is my children. This is like watching my children make out with each other and one of them is a fat-ass monster in neck-bearded human skin.
Joe: [OOC] Oh that's a bit harsh... Soo doesn't have a neck-beard.
Soo: [OOC] Hey!
Dane: [GM] SILENCE YOU... I mean Joe. Sorry, didn't type fast enough.
Ian: [OOC] In the name of peace, I shall move this plot along.
Ian: [Mari Sasho] Mari looks around as the group walks toward Empress University's grounds. She's clearly impressed with all the big city sights and sounds. She even looped the braid Kali made out of her hair into a bun so she looks more urbane. "So how exactly did you know this Ghilliam Graham anyhow GR-210?"
Joe: [GR-210] "An excellent question! Ol' Ghilly and I go way back. We studied together when I was pursuing my doctorate. Never thought he'd make a professor but then again, I never thought I'd be a robot head with spider legs either."
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali tilts her head and tries to cross her one arm (which ends up looking like she's scratching her side). "You have a degree? In what?!"
Joe: [GR-210] "I have a whole set of skills you know nothing about, mono-hand."
Joe: [OOC] Remember how I said I took nothing but language skills when we started? Well even taking all of them I still had a couple points left over so I took some backgrounds till I had a doctorate in child psychology. Check my character sheet.
Ian: [OOC] It says you have a PhD in animal husbandry and agricultural studies.
Joe: [OOC] The campaign setting is kind of on a walking tour of the time between 1980 and the First World War. I figure the two degrees are fairly interchangeable.
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] Bailey just sighs gruffly. "I'll beh luckeh if they let me in tha' door. I ain' exactleh lookin' like scholar."
Dane: [GM] The front gate of the campus is guarded by two men in fancy modified army uniforms. They look fairly laid back as one would imagine given their peaceful job as glorified campus security. They straighten up when you approach. "Good day to you" one of them says, directing it to Kali since she's clearly the money in the group.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "Good day to you as well. I'm here to meet with professor Graham."
Dane: [GM] The guard nods. "I see... and do you have an appointment? This is not a public campus."
Joe: [GR-210] "As I am an alumnus I feel I should be able to avoid that when visiting old Ghilly."
Dane: [GM] "Oh! Doctor GR-210. I didn't recognize you. A new body it seems, yes?"
Joe: [GR-210] "Or lack thereof old chap. I was taking Lady d'Vostog to see Ghilliam, you see."
Dane: [GM] "Ah, right away. And who are the rest of your party? For the record log."
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali makes her missing arm look very obvious and gestures at Mari. "Mari here is my helping hands. As you can see I have some issues..."
Joe: [OOC] I'll say.
Soo: [OOC] Shut up.
Dane: [GM] The guard nods and looks to Bailey. "And this um... gentleman. I'll need to ask you to surrender your weapons while on the campus. You can get them back when you leave."
Kyle: [OOC] Hey, no weapons! Maybe we'll meet someone and NOT kill them.
Ian: [OOC] I doubt it. I think it just means we'll kill them in much less efficient ways.
Joe: [GR-210] "Oh this man? I've never seen him before. I think he's been following us."
Dane: [GM] The other guard walks over and puts a hand on Bailey. "I'm going to have to ask you not to loiter on the property."
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali sighs. "GR-210 is joking. He's my bodyguard."
Kyle: [OOC] Wait, now I work for you too?
Soo: [OOC] Hush I'm working on the fly here. I think it sounds better than "My alcoholic, gunslinging adventurer friend", don't you?
Ian: [OOC] We could just explain in detail how little he's been able to hit in this campaign. They might let us keep his guns if he knew how little of a threat he was.
Kyle: [OOC] Or we could explain how many innocent lives Mari has ended lately and tell them I'm here to shoot you the next time you try to "help" us. Let's not pull up character history Ian.
Dane: [GM] The guard looks to GR-210. "Is that true?"
Joe: [GR-210] "Ah yes, a simple jest. Trust me, I'm a robot spider doctor. I'd never do something deceptive like lie or use my position and degree to secure cows and orphans for heinous experiments the pervert the basic order of nature."
Ian: [OOC] Why am I getting an extra ping on my evil-meter. Usually Joe's presence accounts for an ambient evil level of approximately 1.8 kilo-Hitlers but I'm somewhere in the low 3s now.
Joe: [OOC] It was brilliant in theory, you see. The multiple stomachs of a cow inside an orphan factory worker. They'd process gruel more efficiently and you could even keep them running on grass!

No comments:

Post a Comment