Monday, January 27, 2014

64- Living in ALLCAPS

Dane: [GM] The man approaches the group and holds out a hand in greeting. "But ov course I'm getting ahead of myzelf. My name iz Doctor Himmult, ze director for ze Imperial Offize of Antquitiez in zis region."
Kyle: [OOC] Okay that accent is already annoying.
Joe: [OOC] Hello? Why yes he's here. Kyle, it's the kettle on the line. It'd like to know if the pot is still black.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali walks over to Himmult and nods curtly. "I think you seem to be missing the horrific accident going on behind us, but the welcome is appreciated."
Dane: [GM] Himmult nods, a smirk crossing his face as the fire reflects off his reading glasses. "Ze matterz of firefighting are not for me. I'm sure ze ground crew can handle zis matter. I came to dizcuss your expedizion here."
Joe: [GR-210] GR skitters up to Himmult, glaring at him. "I'm doctor GR-210, the head of this research expedition. We should go someplace safer to talk."
Soo: [Mari Shasho] Mari wanders around behind everyone else, still dazed from her fall.
Kyle: [OOC] I do like how we're just kind of letting her walk off a several story fall.
Joe: [OOC] I've got to keep an eye on this guy, he's got glasses so he's definitely evil.
Soo: [OOC] I wear glasses.
Joe: [OOC] And that's why I've always had a contingency plan to kill you and Ian.
Ian: [OOC] I don't wear glasses, Joe.
Joe: [OOC] I know, I just don't like you very much.
Dane: [GM] Himmult leads you all inside to a small office on the airstrip grounds. "I keep a small office here on the grounds of the airstrip for customs purposes."
Kyle: [OOC] Wait, what happened to his accent now!?
Dane: [GM] I got tired of it. I don't know how the hell you do it Kyle. Just assume he's still doing it.
Ian: [OOC] I'm already pretending to be a woman and a wizard, you expect me to also add in accents? Bridge too far Dane, bridge too far.
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] Bailey sits down, rocking backward in a chair.
Ian: [Mari Sashso] Mari just leans up against the wall, a bit too woozy to sit down.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali sits down and dusts her dress off. "You'll forgive me for not being so quick to get over that, doctor."
Joe: [GR-210] GR-210 hops up on Kali's lap and hops about frantically. "You seem awfully calm for someone who just watched TERRORISM."
Soo: [OOC] Is it possible to talk in ALLCAPS?
Joe: [OOC] Baby, I live in ALLCAPS.
Dane: [Danielle] Danielle remains calm until GR gets on Kali's lap. The act of doing so seems to short out a circuit in her brain and she looks like she's about to strangle Kali.
Kyle: [OOC] Keep doing it Joe. If she snaps it'll just give me a good IC reason to shoot her.
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari notices this and puts a less-than kind hand on Danielle's shoulder. "Come, let's let the important people talk while we go look for a coffee pot."
Dane: [Danielle] Danielle walks out with Mari, her fists so tightly balled up that she might be bleeding.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "You do seem rather calm about that."
Dane: [GM] Himmult interlaces his fingers and leans forward with his elbows on his desk. "There have been several bombings lately. Minor vandalism from locals wishing to break away from the Imperial government."
Kyle: [OOC] And once again we wind up in a place full of revolutionaries.
Ian: [OOC] Should we even bother with the subplot this time or just let the bugs eat them?
Soo: [OOC] They're probably good guys. This Himmult guy couldn't be more of an over-the-top Nazi if Mel Brooks was writing the script.
Ian: [OOC] Yeah but that means we have to be careful. If Dane's selling us on him being evil too hard, it might mean it's a fakeout and he's a good guy.
Dane: [GM] I love how your logic is based on the idea that all people neatly sort into 'good guy' and 'bad guy' categories. How do you know there aren't morally ambiguous characters?
Kyle: [OOC] Because we're protagonists. Good and bad are defined purely by whether they help or hinder us respectively.
Dane: [GM] I wish I could live in your wonderful little world.

No comments:

Post a Comment