Wednesday, January 29, 2014

65- Baby-Terrorists

Dane: [GM] Himmult adjusts his glasses. "But they are of no concern to you. I assure you that your trip to the Velthri ruins will be unimpeded by such trifles. Will you be departing today?"
Joe: [GR-210] "If at all possible yes. And by 'if at all possible' I also mean 'yes'."
Dane: [GM] Himmult nods. "I will have a truck ready to transport you within the hour then."
Ian: [OOC] A truck? Kali's rich. Why can't we get something fancier?
Kyle: [OOC] Yeah, sure. Let's ride a limo to the site. It'll be fun. Certainly no local separatist guerrillas will see anything wrong with a bunch of rich Imperials riding around in a limo.
Joe: [OOC] Can we at least have some kind of garbage cannon? I want to shoot filth at the locals, preferably while wearing a cowboy hat and eating a Big Mac.
Soo: [OOC] Maybe we shouldn't piss off the locals.
Ian: [OOC] Normally I'd agree with you, but you see, these locals have nothing to do with our quest for the magic rod thingy. So they exist purely as a complication. In short, they ain't people and will attack us no matter what we do.
Kyle: [OOC] Let me put it like this: you know how if you're driving really fast, it's a lot of fun, but if you crash it will be fatal?
Soo: [OOC] Yeah?
Kyle: [OOC] Well you know how speed bumps slow you down? Do you ever feel bad about hitting them?
Soo: [OOC] Not really?
Kyle: [OOC] Exactly. Local jerks causing trouble are like plot speed bumps. They stop us from going too fast through the plot and messing it up but we're not supposed to dwell on them too much.
Ian: [OOC] Yep, just hit them and keep moving.
Soo: [OOC] Maybe it's my newness but I feel odd equating an entire culture to a speed bump...
Joe: [OOC] Be careful! Don't think of them as a culture, just as idiotic militants who burst fully formed from the ground armed with machine guns. No back-stories, no little baby-terrorists waiting at home for daddy, just walking sacks of target-oriented blood.
Ian: [OOC] We were being pragmatic Joe. I think you're rubbing it in.
Soo: [OOC] I'm just going to get back in character, where I'm not surrounded by confusing versions of morality.
Joe: [OOC] Morality? The concept of death? because I'm pretty sure GR's kind of the walking embodiment of the idea that things can die.
Ian: [OOC] That's MorTality.
Kyle: [OOC] I like the way you capitalized that. It's like it's wearing a little umbrella.
Dane: [GM] Soo, I'm begging you. The rest are lost.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "That would be a good idea GR-210."
Dane: [GM] Thank you Soo.
Soo: [OOC] It was less of an attempt to get the game back on track and more like a drowning person grabbing onto a life jacket rather than elect to drown.


No comments:

Post a Comment