Friday, February 14, 2014

72- The Temple of the Giant Scab

Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] Bailey rolls up his sleeve and shoulders the stone door to push it open.
Dane: [GM] The door swings open easier than you would expect but not so fast as to warrant a totally-deserved flop to the ground for Bailey. Interestingly, while the first couple of feet are dark, the rest of the hallway before you is illuminated by strange glowing stones. They hum gently, letting out slightly-flickering like like small candles.
Joe: [OOC] Translation: Dane doesn't want to deal with calculating illumination, so here.
Dane: [GM] Shut up, it's a bitch.
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari steps into the hallway, looking down at that little channel in the stone we were following.
Dane: [GM] The channel leads down the hallway to some sort of open space.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali runs her hand along the ground. "I'd suppose this was some sort of ritual space. I bet this hallway is at a slight decline so fluid could flow through this channel."
Joe: [GR-210] GR skitters in, looking proper despite having paint left on his head. "I love how you say fluid when it was obviously blood. Freaking savages."
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "You were dancing around with a human skull for no reason not a minute ago."
Joe: [GR-210] "I was merely attempting to liven the mood so that our womenfolk didn't grow anxious. You know how they are." He looks around. "Speaking of womenfolk, Danielle, get over here and clean this paint off."
Dane: [Danielle] Danielle stops down and picks up GR-210, then begins to wipe off all the paint. "I shall clean you like new, Master. If only the soul could be cleansed of sin so efficiently..."
Kyle: [OOC] Eventually Danielle is just going to admit to drowning puppies or something and I'll feel like I can kill her without affecting my alignment.
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari walks down the hallway, looking around. "As much hypocrisy as that statement contained, GR is probably right. My guess is they practiced human sacrifice in that first room, then the blood drained through that channel like the gods were drinking it or something."
Joe: [OOC] Which means that the next room probably has a massive pool of human blood in it! I call firsts!
Soo: [OOC] I imagine if it did, it would be long since dried out.
Joe: [OOC] Logically yes, but this is a story and "The Temple of the Kickass Pool of Human Blood" is a bit more compelling than "The Temple of the Giant Scab".
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari sticks her head into the room at the end of the hallway.
Kyle: [OOC] First rule of adventuring Ian! Never explore a room with a part of the body you can't afford to lose.
Dane: [GM] The room before you is huge. It has to take up much, if not all of the space on this level of the pyramid and is at least 50 yards across. Elaborate carvings surround the room and the channel in the floor ends in a great, bowl-like depression in the floor which is stained a dark brown color for centuries of bloodshed.
Joe: [OOC] It's not a pool of blood OR a scab? I feel cheated.
Dane: [GM] Much more pressingly, human skeletons in ancient ceremonial garb lay in the bowl. As Mari sticks her head in they begin to rattle in an unearthly way! They rise slowly, hefting wicked wooden weapons with obsidian chips for blades!
Joe: [OOC] I rescind my prior complaint. Make filthy bearded love to me, Dane.
Dane: [GM] No.
Joe: [OOC] Please? I'll let you wear a wig and call you Danielle.
Dane: [GM] I'll decapitate you and call you GR-210.
Joe: [OOC] I like where this is going. Can Ian be a naughty police officer?
Soo: [OOC] Ian, I'm coming over to your place with a gun. I think you need protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment