Wednesday, February 19, 2014

74- Dirty Inside

Dane: [Skeleton 3, in good health] The third skeleton runs at the group, swinging at Mari since she is closest. Despite lacking a throat of any description it lets out an unearthly howling roar!
[Dane] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
Dane: [GM] Which connects, cutting a line along Mari's shoulder. One minor wound Ian.
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari grabs her bleeding arm and screams behind clenched teeth.
Dane: [GM] Okay, Joe's up.
Joe: [GR-210] GR putters around indecisively.
Joe: [OOC] Um, I think I'm just going to use my turn to ready an action. If something else gets knocked down, I'm going to jump on it and get an action in.
Soo: [OOC] Wait, you're skipping making a direct attack? YOU?
Joe: [OOC] You know, I never really noticed until now how much I've been limited by having my "head with spider legs" body shape. We haven't been in a real melee since it happened and every other fight we've had has resolved quickly or at range. To be honest I just don't actually know what to do. I doubt I can do much damage and even if I could, I'd be exposing myself to a lot of punishment I can't take.
Kyle: [OOC] Holy horse-shit.
Ian: [OOC] I know right?
Joe: [OOC] Yes, it would seem that being deprived of the ability to go completely ape-shit on everything we encounter might, indeed force me to think more constructively. Like a man who goes blind and learns to play piano.
Soo: [OOC] Wow, I'm kind of surprised myself Joe. Maybe it's for the best we all forgot I was supposed to be getting you a new body back in the city.
Joe: [OOC] Wait! We were? Oh yeah! You stupid piece of crap! I'm missing out on combat!
Ian: [OOC] Aaaaand we're back.
Dane: [Danielle] Danielle's turn comes up and she takes a step back towards the entrance to the hallway, pulling out her rifle. 
Dane: [GM] I had it packed in her bag so this will take a turn. Ian is up.
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari attempts to disengage from the skeleton who attacked her and get back to the safety of the group.
[Ian] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
Dane: [GM] Unfortunately Mari fails to disengage and skeleton has the ability "Merciless Suppression" which knocks people who fail to disengage prone. Mari flops to the ground on her bum.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] "Mari! Hold on!"
Dane: [Skeleton 4, in good health] The next skeleton raises it's weapon and lunges for Mari as well!
Ian: [OOC] You know, maybe being a wizard and being the front person in a narrow hallway is one of those historical bad RPG ideas.
Joe: [OOC] I think we're forgetting something.
Soo: [OOC] Are we?
Joe: [OOC] I readied an action to pounce and attack when SOMETHING gets knocked down, I never said an enemy.
Ian: [OOC] Are you shitting me?
Joe: [OOC] You can't possibly find this that unbelievable.
Kyle: [OOC] I swear I'm just going to shoot you.
Dane: [GM] As dumb as this is, he did technically leave it that vague. Go ahead.
Soo: [OOC] They haven't invented a word for what you are Joe.
Joe: [GR-210] GR jumps forward and lands on Mari's chest. He raises his bladed limbs up and then... flashes his headlamps at the attacking skeleton!
Joe: [OOC] I said 'and get an action in' as my ready action, not specifically that I would attack.
Dane: [GM] Um, wow, let me do some rolls.
[Dane] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
Dane: [GM] The skeleton is temporarily blinded by the bright flash of light!
Soo: [OOC] Did you just power-game... helpfully?
Joe: [OOC] Like I'd ever completely skip a turn in combat. You hurt me Soo.
Kyle: [OOC] I'm going to go buy some lottery tickets. Skip my turns...
Ian: [OOC] I mean... shit... thanks Joe.
Joe: [OOC] No please, no thanks. I feel dirty inside as it is.
Ian: [OOC] Dane, read the message I'm sending you privately.
Dane: [GM] ... okay I can do that. 
Dane: [GM] But the weight of GR jumping on Mari and the sharpness of his legs cause her to take one minor wound!
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari lets out a pain 'hurk!' noise as she's stabbed by all of GR's limbs.
Ian: [OOC] Feel better?
Joe: [OOC] A little, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment