Monday, February 24, 2014

76- Cosmically Predisposed to Failure

Ian: [OOC] Okay my turn yes?
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari tries to sweep the legs of the skeleton that's looming over her. 
Dane: [GM] Okay but there's going to be a penalty for trying since you're prone.
Ian: [OOC] Yep, I know.
[Ian] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
Dane: [GM] Mari performs a surprisingly agile low spin, knocking the skeleton not only prone but knocking its legs clean off as well.
Dane: [Skeleton 4, in good health] The fourth skeleton charges past Mari and GR, lured by the loud sound of Danielle's last sniper rifle shot.
Kyle: [OOC] We should let them fight. See whose soulless killing machine is tougher.
Dane: [Skeleton 5, limb shot off] The fifth skeleton closes the gap with Kali and seeks revenge for it's lost arm!
Joe: [OOC] Ooh! Now our one-limbed characters are fighting. We have to find a male skeleton playing a female skeleton to fight Mari, a skull on legs to fight me and a uselessly incompetent skeleton with an accent to fight Bailey and we're set.
[Dane] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
Dane: [GM] The skeleton raises it's own shattered arm and smacks Kali across the face with it, it's bony hand slapping her face hard! One moderate wound Soo.
Ian: [OOC] I'm concerned for your character Soo, but there's no way I can't visualize that being funny.
Soo: [OOC] I kind of added a cartoon sound effect to that too.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali staggers about, woozy. "By the rules of polite etiquette, I do believe we have to duel now sir!" she mutters in a punch-drunk way as she flops about.
Ian: [Mari Shasho] Mari yells up the hallway "Kali!"
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] Bailey lowers his pistol at that skeleton. "I challenge you sir!" he yells sarcastically. He then fires at it.
[Kyle] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
Dane: [GM] The skeleton's head explodes and the bones of the body collapse in a pile. The bone fragments cut at Bailey and Kali but not anywhere near enough for damage.
Kyle: [Bailey Hunt] Bailey smirks to himself. "Ya'll right miss Kali?"
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali raises a finger in the air. "And now my honor has been preserved! Waiter! Another bottle of merlot for the table!" she mumbles before flopping against the wall.
Dane: [GM] Actually it's Kali's turn now. The two skeletons above her in initiative are down.
Soo: [OOC] Aw, I have to do something? I was having fun with that injury. There's two left and they're both fine, so I guess I shoot whichever one will be sooner in the turn order.
Dane: [GM] And the winner is Skeleton 3.
Soo: [Kali dVostog] Kali raises her pistol up from her position slumped on the wall and fires off a shot at the third skeleton.
[Soo] ROLLS. [GM] RECEIVES RESULTS.
Dane: [GM] The shot flies wide and misses pretty much everything.
Ian: [OOC] Kind of had to happen.
Joe: [OOC] Yeah. Kyle succeeded in a roll. The universe needed to balance itself out.
Kyle: [OOC] Math not withstanding I'm not really sure how I feel about me being cosmically predisposed to failure.
Joe: [OOC] I'm a firm believer in the flexible nature of fate. The cosmos bounces back to fix irregularities. You get a good roll when you should always fail, so Soo gets a bad roll to balance it out.
Ian: [OOC] So what about that time a couple turns ago when you were actually helpful to me?
Kyle: [OOC] I'll go to the net and see if any wars started in the last ten minutes.

2 comments:

  1. "Now are one-limbed characters are fighting." *our

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I were smarter, I'd have started the series establishing everyone as terrible typists so I could just pass the buck on these. Thanks, it's been fixed.

      Delete